I signed up for the Favorite Color Swap 2, because it will give me a chance to send a package to someone, while getting a package from someone else, and I am nothing if not a package-in-the-mail-whore. Anyhow, we have a questionnaire that we are to respond to, so that our swap partner gets more of an idea what our likes/dislikes are. So Swap Partner, here you go, and for the rest of you, just consider this a chance to look through a small window into the complexities that make me the person that I am ...
1. What are your top three favorite colors? Green, blue, and let's see, I'll say purple.
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? Knitting mostly. I also do needlepoint and counted cross stitch. Poorly.
3. What products do you really covet? Oh my God, "covet"???? Isn't it a sin to covet your neighbor's wife, or your neighbor's goods???? Fortunately, I do not covet either of my neighbor's wives ... and, whenever I used to see/hear "neighbor's goods" I always thought of canned goods, and there's no coveting there, trust me.
As for what products might I really like to have, well, I am thoroughly intrigued by sea silk yarn. And a small house in Ireland.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
Reading, writing, (no 'rithmetic), cooking, walking.
5. Is there anything you collect?
Dust, apparently. And geezers, involuntarily.
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?
I am a Pisces.
7.What are your favorite……
Gardenias, fresh rosemary, anything baking, the ocean.
…types of music and/or bands?
I like almost any kind of music. Except I guess heavy metal, hip hop, and twangy country music. Oh, and anything by Philip Glass. Let's see, favorite bands, well, I'm a big Beatles fan, and I also really like Alison Krauss and Union Station. (I also like it when the Ohio State University Marching Band spells out "Ohio" at football games, but don't want a recording of their music thank you.)
Oh Lord, I could go on about this. Let's see, I'll choose one "classic" and one current - Edith Wharton, and Kathleen Norris.
Once again, geez. I don't think there are any animals I don't like. I have 4 cats, I also love dogs, and birds. I have always wished I could have a horse. In the animal kingdom at large, I guess insects are my least favorites. Though butterflies, dragonflies, etc. are nice. But not slugs or roaches.
…places to shop?
Bookstores, stationery stores, tea shops, and I do love walking around the King of Prussia mall, because it has lots of stores that are nowhere else near here, like Nordstrom's.
Fall, then winter and spring. Summer is last.
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
Yarn - I made Tim a vest from alpaca yarn. That was soooo soft!
Other craft supplies - well, I am a sucker for interesting tape measures (I have a black sheep and a white sheep), scissors (I have a pair of Santa embroidery scissors), and anything else "interesting."
…candies or goodies?
Chocolate, caramel, licorice
8. Do you have any wish lists?
Yep, on Amazon.
9. Are you allergic to anything?
Sulfa drugs. Latex. Mussels. Cigarette smoke. (So please, no cigarette smoke covered latex packages containing mussels injected with sulfa drugs.)
10. Do you have any pets?
What are they?
4 cats, and Doughboy, the Dog Next Door is an honorary member of the family. We used to have canaries, but after the last one died, Tim said he felt bad having a bird in a cage.
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.
I try to avoid leather products, being a vegetarian (though I am not a vegan). There are very few things that I don't like at all.