10 September 2008

A Sally Field Moment!

In the course of two days last weekend, two of my very favorite people in the universe, Lorraine and Brigitte, named me in their posts for this award! You may remember that I had said last week was pretty icky, and reading their posts made up for it - after a week of being wrong in so many ways, it was nice to feel like there were at least some people who thought I was OK. (Plus, they live in Canadia, which as you know is one of my fave places in the universe.) So before I go any further, Thank you very much!

Moving along, the rules are:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Add a link (in this case, links) to the person/people who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least 4 others.
4. Leave a comment on their blog so they can pass it on.

Simple enough, right? Well, not when you feel like you have a whole bunch of friends now that you have started a blog, and they are all great. Plus, Lorraine and Brigitte nominated people I would have also nominated (Carrie K, and Chris). What's a person to do??

Well, I hearkened back to the days when I was new to all of this, and decided to nominate my first four blog friends, who I feel are only better friends than ever today.

Carol - from the first time I walked into Rosie's to help out, and Carol was there, we just hit it off. We both find great amusement in the mocking of others (because we of course are perfect), we both love kitty cats, and our birthdays are days apart (except, well, I'm a lot of years ahead of her). But beyond that, Carol's blog was the first one I ever read (or was even aware of), and she was actually the person who encouraged/pestered me to start my own blog. She has a husband and three kids that sound as fun as she is (wouldn't they have to be?). Carol is smart, opinionated, kind, talented, and I would walk through fire for her, because I love her dearly (but not in the way that makes Jesus puke). Best of all, she is coming to my house this Sunday to hang out and meet the kitties - I can't wait!!

Melanie - I came across a blog called Knit the Classics (which has been removed according to Blogger), and signed as a member. They had a swap shortly after I joined, and Melanie got my name. Not only did she send a fab swap package, but we had so much in common! We are both librarians (catalogers to narrow it even further), we both have cats, we love to read and write, and except for Jeremy Irons, we seem to like and admire a lot of the same people. (For the record, she is pro-Jeremy, wheareas I am vehemently anti-Jeremy.) She also likes to write letters! You know, the kind where you sit down, write with a pen on paper, and then send it in the mail?? Her blog is intelligent, informative, often very funny, and always a good reflection of herself.

Kim - I met Kim through Melanie. There was another swap (yes I know, but I do love packages in the mail!), and Melanie was assigning partners. She assigned Kim to send me goodies. Kim by the way, is an excellent secret swap partner - she sends very intriguing messages and e-mails that drive you nuts wondering who she is! The really funny thing is that about six months later, I signed up for another secret swap, and got another package from Kim - for a while I thought we might be permanent swap partners ... Kim is the best. She is an unabashed lover of all things Vanderbilt (I know nothing about Vanderbilt, but appreciate a true fan when I meet one), has a really wicked sense of humor, has two great kids who actually seem to like her (!), and likes both cats and dogs, and owns cats and dogs. No brainer, huh? Oh and also - she is the originator of The Knitter's Hunk contest, where this year's winner was crowned just today. Hopefully Kim and her kids will visit us in Philadelphia (next spring?) ...

Lorette - I don't specifically remember how I found her blog, but it was one of the first ones I checked regularly. Lorette is someone who just immediately seems like she would be lots of fun! She is funny, smart, willing to try almost anything knitting-wise, enjoys a cocktail now and then (mostly now), and - you're probably guessing this one - likes cats and dogs, and has cats and dogs! She tells great stories about her knitting, her travels, and her family. What's not to like?

And yes, my choices do have the recurring themes of animal-loving people, because I think people who love animals already start out with a certain sympatico. I like plenty of people who are not as insanely crazy about animals as I am, or are somewhat indifferent, but I'll admit that I don't really understand that part of their personality. :-)

Now I'm off to check some new blogs that have been nominated by others ...

8 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I'm so glad this came at this time!

I loved reading about your blogging buddies - I'm off to check them out :)

teabird said...

Oh, I'm blushing! Thank you! But now I can't nominate you!

Chris said...

Aw, I'm glad to be mentioned as a potential. :)

Mistrmi said...

Get our sleeping spaces ready!

Thanks, friend.

Anonymous said...

ITA about the non animal loving people and your nominations. Perfect descriptions.

Thanks for the nod!

Brigitte said...

Yay you!

knitseashore said...

As my husband said when our kitty went to the bridge, "There are animal people, and there are non-animal people." You find out fast who your friends are in that situation, cause they get it.

Exceptions of course for those who are allergic. :)

Lorette said...

Thanks again for nominating me! I still haven't done this one, I'm just coming up for air in between work-weeks!