22 May 2010

Some Saturday Stuff

We went on a trip last weekend, to Wheeling (WV) and Pittsburgh (PA), because two separate groups of friends invited us to their kids' college graduation.  It was a great weekend, with lots of laughing, hugging, eating, and drinking.  Pictures were taken.  However, when I checked the camera to upoad them to the computer -- nothing!  And I wasn't even the photographer ...

However, said trip caused me to be in a coma for the past week.  I could barely make it through the day, and then would go to bed way too early.  Only to wake up the next day exhausted.

The week before the trip, I finished knitting the main parts of my Pickle cardigan, and a lacy shawl that has been on the needles since knitting was invented.  The good part:  OMG, I finished not one, but two things!  The bad part:  No place currently available where I can block them.  Argh.

Went shopping today, and had a lot of luck all at once:  2 dresses, a summer cardigan, a blouse, pair of shoes, two bras, and a reversible tote bag.  When it rains it pours.

Have been making progress on the Springtime in Philadelphia beret; however, the winding of the yarn was so frustrating, I started to think of it as the Springtime for Hitler beret ...

I really need to get myself organized.  Seriously.  I mean, it's amazing that we have clean clothes to wear and that the house has not been condemned by the Health Department.

I recently joined a new gym.  Got one of those free personal training consultations as a result, and even before I went, the trainer e-mailed me.  The message had more explanation points than I've ever seen in my whole life.

Turns out, he is approximately 10 years old, and talks in explanation points as well.  Plus, I'm now convinced he's out to kill me, 'cause no one should suggest the kind of workouts he does to an old person.

Arlen Specter lost in last Tuesday's primary here in Pennsylvania.  I have been wondering all week if he will develop a single ballot theory.

Margaritas are yummy.

(Can you tell I was in the mood to post something, but didn't really have anything to say???)

17 comments:

Jenn said...

Springtime for Hitler and Germany!

(I was in the mood to comment but didn't really have anything to say.)

Chris said...

I like random posts. :) Congrats on the shopping luck!

Oh, and I sent you an email a few days ago, but thank you!! The goodies arrived. You are too kind. :)

craftivore said...

Maybe the beret will look good on Mel Brooks. I like the random post too.

Laurie (Moo!) said...

Random thought are so much more informative!

All personal trainers are 10. It's how they get back at their parents - by beating us up.

Thank you for the great package of April goodies. Now I need a tea ball! :-)

SissySees said...

I had TWO gems of trainers. The first had a cane (car wreck, lots of permanent damage) and was very kind. So kind, that when a retired NFL'er joined their staff, he moved me on to wonderful #2, who was not 10!, was also dear, but when I dragged in noting that I'd been up three times the night before (as a firefighter), he'd just smile and ask if I wanted to reschedule. No? Then no mercy...

Anonymous said...

Exclamation points are being used entirely too much --- their days are numbered.

A walking coma might qualify you for a guest shot on "House."

And you'll then remember who your very best friend is, right?

Anonymous said...

Exclamation points are being used entirely too much --- their days are numbered.

A walking coma might qualify you for a guest shot on "House."

And you'll then remember who your very best friend is, right?

Lorette said...

Man, I hate those young whippersnapper trainers. Just like I hate the new young doctors all over the hospital. I'm pretty sure some of them are so young that their mothers have to drive them to work.

Quilting Mama said...

Everyone who's telling us what we need to be doing is between the ages of 10 and 15. They have no clue what we wake to each morning, and much less what all their great things do to the bones and their dressings.

Brigitte said...

Heh. See, that's why I will not ever, ever join a gym. Firstly, I can't be bothered, and secondly, if I have to be told by a kid I could have babysat that gee! I'm out of shape! well, I'll probably end up in jail.

Marie said...

Too bad about Specter. He always seemed like a reasonable person, even when he was a Republican.

Have you checked out www.margaretandhelen.wordpress.com? It's written by two sixty-something, highly-opinionated, Democrats. They don;t hold back anything and it's hilarious.

Carrie K said...

Personal trainers drive me crazy. I've quit gyms where I can't get it through their head that I want to exercise alone. But if you can keep up - yay!

The shopping sounds fab! Well, the results.

Springtime for Hitler? LOL! I love Dick Shawn's version.

april said...

looks like i'm not the only one who's been eating dutch space cakes...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorraine said...

Bridget- I will never be seen within walking distance of a gym.

Thank you for your kind words about Casey- I really appreciate it.

knitseashore said...

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor with the beret.

I would never survive a gym. Riding my bike is a lot easier and usually has pretty scenery (except in winter, when I have to ride indoors). I can almost fool myself into thinking it's fun. :)

Marin (AntiM) said...

I believe if someone would open a gym with all the trainers over, say, 40... they'd make a bazillion dollars.

Us old folks are big business.