The Beauty part? Well, a couple of weeks ago, Wendy listed me in her list of people to award the Beautiful Blogger Award. I was very pleasantly surprised, because next to Wendy and the other people on her list, there doesn't seem to be a connection with me. Rather than wonder why I was included, I decided to just take the compliment and go forward!
I am now supposed to list 10 interesting things about myself, and then pass along the award to others who deserve it. So take a seat and prepare to be interested/fascinated by 10 things that are all about me:
1. People who work with me, or spend time with me, often think I'm a total extrovert. In reality, I am a true introvert. Those who truly know me do not find this surprising at all.
2. Though I am somewhat conservative in my own personal behavior , I am a bleeding heart, extremely leftist, socialist liberal when it comes to the rest of the world. My personal behavior is often affected by my desire to be left alone by the rest of said world. I know, is a puzzlement.
3. In those quizzes where you choose to live either near water or mountains to determine your personality, I am stumped. I do not care to give up one for the other, thank you very much.
4. If I had an unlimited amount of money, I would collect all the homeless and abused animals in the world and let them live happy, lavish lives. I am often truly depressed that I cannot do such a thing. It's quite possibly the only time I obsessively wish I had money.
5. I love to write. Letters, stories, whatever. Typing is OK, as far as wanting to get the message across, but I also truly love the physical act of writing. And handwriting is fascinating to me. This comes in handy working in historical settings, where "old" handwriting often needs to be deciphered.
6. I have many acquaintances, but very few friends. And those few know that I am unlikely to call them on the phone, as that is my least favorite form of communication.
7. Unlike most people, I never had a burning desire to own a home. I only thought it was a good idea when The Tim pointed out to me that if we had our own house, a) I could have whatever pets I wanted, and b) there would be more room for Christmas decorations.
8. I think of myself as a spiritual person, and regularly converse with my preferred form of deity.
9. I am completely happy knowing that I come from a family that is truly, weirdly, crazy. Fact is, we are happier than most "normal" families we know, or that I hear about.
10. This one is a One Degree of Separation Interesting Thing: My niece, Julie, is nominated for an Emmy! She is the Senior Producer listed in the nomination for Top Chef as a reality show -go Jules!!
And now my choices for passing the Beautiful Blogger Award. When thinking about it, I realized that these are people who regularly seem to find beauty in their everyday lives, without worry or apology if no one else "gets" it.
Now, before signing off - it's time for the Book part of this post. I really do wish that I had more than one copy to give away, but Three Bags Full will be finding its way to Kim's mailbox soon. And by "soon," I mean whenever I can make it to the P.O. without heat stroke ...
Have a good weekend, everyone!