19 November 2012

And Now It's Nearly Turkey Time!

Gak!  I didn't mean to be gone for an entire week.  But last week kinda took on a life of its own to be honest.  Work was crazy - a two day workshop, and then catching up on what was missed those two days, and preparation for The Tim's birthday, which was yesterday.  Then it turned out that a friend was in town for a conference, so on Saturday, a group of us met for brunch.  When it rains, it pours, no?

Pip is quite pleased with the response to his post, and is ready to do another one very soon, so if you enjoyed it, stay tuned.  ;-)

The Tim's birthday was really a nice day, both weather-wise and otherwise.  He asked if we could go to see the movie "Lincoln," and then go out to lunch.  So that is exactly what we did, and it was lots of fun.  (If you are interested in Abraham Lincoln and/or history at all, you MUST see this movie!  It was flawless - story, casting, costumes, everything.  I'm kind of a Lincoln groupie, and I thought it was completely riveting.)  Then we came home, and had cake and presents.  A good day all the way around.

I knit a Turn a Square hat for The Tim, but have not been able to get a good picture of it yet.  He was very pleased with it, which is always such a nice feeling for me.  I'm hoping this weekend I can get some photos outside, and you can rest assured that I'll be posting them here if I am successful.

So Thursday is Turkey Day already - how did that happen?  Though in our house, it is the day we appreciate the turkey, as opposed to consuming it.  As I type this, The Tim is downstairs baking pies, and we have everything we need for our holiday dinner.  Wednesday night, I'll make stuffing and then it's just a matter of time before we do our own gobbling ...

I still don't have all of our pictures from Ireland sorted out, but I promise to get to that sooner rather than later.  One nice thing for me is that Thanksgiving gives me a four-day weekend.  I have no idea if I will make any progress on the 10,000 things I hope to accomplish, but I'm not gonna worry about it.  What gets done will be fine.

OK, that's it for now.  I hope all of you are well, and looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday - and NOT shopping on Thanksgiving!  For my Canadian friends who have already celebrated their Thanksgiving holiday, and any other non-U.S. friends, have a good week.  Hopefully in my next post I can show you some pictures.

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and have a great Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kathleen Dames said...

Looking forward to the Ireland pics. Glad The Tim liked his hat!

kathy b said...

I cannot wait to see your TUrn a Square hat.

Enjoy your TUrkey day. WE just had ours early tonight....fireman must work on thursday and we were ready...except for pie
I could use some PIE

YOu enjoy. The cats got some turkey too

KSD said...

Good to hear The Tim had a nice birthday.

And I agree with you on "Lincoln." Spectacular.