28 May 2013
The Extra-Long Weekend
Today's topic for Ten on Tuesday is: 10 Things I Did Over the Weekend.
Well, in a way, I'll be cheating, because today is the last day of my long weekend. We had originally planned to go to West Virginia to see most of the family and have a Memorial Day barbecue. Then it turned out that our usual cat-sitter was going to be out of town, and I couldn't find anyone else who was available, and we couldn't afford to board the cats while we were gone (Dug was going to go with us). So, we ended up just staying put. I decided that I was just going to go ahead with my plans to take Friday and Tuesday off from work as well.
It was a wonderful weekend, and I'm so glad it turned out that way! So here are some things that I did, in no particular order.
1. Did some shopping. The Tim wanted to drive out to a mall that had a New Balance store, so he could try on some new walking shoes. I went along, since he offered to take me out to breakfast as part of it, and was actually successful in finding a nice summer dress on sale.
2. Watched way too much TV and movies we recorded. And of course, we had snacks and drinks and stayed up later than usual.
3. Finished the Big Garden Cleanup and planted a few more flowers in the garden. It's now to the point that we can actually sit out there and enjoy it - yay!
4. Did some reading and some knitting. No surprise, but I didn't have to "fit" either one into my schedule, which is just such a luxury.
5. Got a pedicure. Now my toes look glamorous, even if the rest of me doesn't ...
6. Made potato salad and brownies for our little picnic yesterday. And there are leftovers, which makes me crazy happy because they were both so good!
7. Got some cleaning, shredding, and organizing done. When I can do it without giving up a whole day of a weekend, it makes me happy. But I'm usually too tired when I get home from work to do it on weekday evenings, unless we are having company or something.
8. Went on some long walks with Dug. Friday was rainy, but the rest of the weekend was so nice, you just really wanted to get outside when you could.
9. Had a migraine. Not fun, but at least it wasn't as bad as some, and I got it over with on Saturday.
10. Treated myself to a yarn purchase. I have been very good about keeping to my no-yarn-buying rule since January. But today The Plucky Knitter had an update, and one of the yarn colorways was Good Ole Pip. PIP! How could I not buy it?
And I still have the rest of today. It's rainy again, so I guess I'll just have to do more knitting and reading. But I'm pretty sure that I feel up to the sacrifice ... :-)