Today's Ten on Tuesday topic at least means I can console myself with the things I like about summer, so good for that.
10 Favorite Summertime Treats
1. Rita's Water Ice - I love Rita's water ice, and I also love their gelati, which is water ice with frozen custard. Nothing else is the same.
2. Summer Rolls - The Tim makes these, and they are so good I think we could easily live on them for the whole summer.
3. Going to the beach - or as they say here "going down the shore." We usually go to Avalon, New Jersey, which is a very pleasant day trip, and a beach that even when it's "crowded," isn't.
4. Margaritas - it's not like I never ever have one any other time, but I especially enjoy them during the summer, they seem extra refreshing.
5. Potato salad - like stuffing, which can be made anytime, but that I only actually make during the holidays, potato salad is something I only make in the summer, usually at holidays, and I do love me some potato salad.
6. Sleeping with the windows open - even though this summer, it's mostly been sleeping with the windows open, with a fan, and still being too miserably hot and not able to sleep. But occasionally it is a perfect night, and those are the best.
7. Stitch 'n Pitch - I always have fun with my crazy friends, and it's usually my only chance to go to a Phillies game. And good or bad, I do love my Phillies. I have a dream of some day going to Stitch 'n Pitch twice - once for the Phillies, and once for the Pittsburgh Pirates, my other team.
8. The Fourth of July - I like what it means, I like fireworks, I like picnics, I like patriotic songs, everything about it.
9. Ice cream - or, Klondike bars. We don't have either very often, but I really love to have these icy cold treats when it's hot.
10. Fresh fruits and veggies - Love, love, love, love! Anytime you can have many choices for fruit on any given day, or tomatoes, corn on the cob, cucumbers, etc. more than once a week, it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
How about you? Especially if you are like me, and not a fan of summer, what are the things that you can find positive about it????