I like wintertime. I have always liked wintertime. I'm not a skier, or an ice skater, nor do I participate in any winter sports. I hate ice and ice storms, which are one aspect of the season I would never ever miss if it never happened. I used to work with a person who said that people fell into two categories: Palm Trees or Pine Trees. I'm definitely a Pine Tree.
So I am more than happy to participate in Ten on Tuesday this week, where Carole has asked us to list 10 Things You Like About Winter.
1. It's cold. Or at least it should be cold. I do not like hot weather, I do not like humidity. At a certain point when it's hot, I simply cannot get cool. But I can always find a way to warm up, even if I end up with many layers of clothing, a blanket, and a cup of tea. Yes, it can be too cold outside, and I don't wish anyone to suffer from those conditions. But I like cold vs. hot, as far as the weather is concerned.
2. Snow. The past few winters have been almost completely snow-less in this area. I realize that some people have had snow in dangerous amounts, and I certainly don't wish that on anyone, but a reasonably snowy winter makes me happy.
3. Coziness. In the cold weather, there are many ways to feel cozy. In hot weather, being cozy is the last way I want to feel.
4. Knits. I am a knitter. I like it when I can wear the things I've knit, and there are not than many summer things that I knit, clothing-wise especially.
5. Soup. I love soup. Except for gazpacho, I don't even want to think of soup in hot weather. During winter, soup is the best!
6. Snow days when work is cancelled. Granted, where I work this is a rare occurrence. But they are even better then, when they do happen.
7. Christmastime. I am sure it wouldn't feel like Christmas to me if I were in a tropical climate. I'm sure if that is where I had grown up, it would, but Christmastime with me happens during winter.
8. NO MOSQUITOS. If you have proper winter, you can go wherever you like, whenever you like, and not be eaten alive.
9. My birthday is during the winter. I really like my birthday!
10. Sitting on the couch, cozy with warm clothes, a blanket, and a book, or knitting, or an old killer movie and a cup of tea.