This week's Ten on Tuesday is a little bit different than usual. Rather than a list of ten things, Carole challenged us with a prompt - "I am" - and asked us to write ten things that start with those words.
In some ways, this was harder for me than the usual topics are. Because, it seemed that there were so many ways to go. Do I get all philosophical? Whiny? Funny? Boring? Then I decided I wasn't going to participate, because I was (as usual) overthinking the whole thing.
So of course I changed my mind and decided to give it a shot, just writing the first things that came to mind.
1. I am often annoying. Mostly to myself - at least I hope it's mostly to myself and not everyone else! See the above paragraphs. What's the big deal??
2. I am tired of pompous people. Everyone does good/noble/wonderful things and not all of us have to make sure that everyone knows about it.
3. I am - overall - pretty content with my life.
4. I am suspicious of people with no sense of humor.
5. I am always happier on my own than with lots of people, even if I really like all of them.
6. I am loved by my family, and I love them all as well.
7. I am happy we are having a real winter, since the last few around here have been wimpy.
8. I am sick of cell phones. Period.
9. I am lucky in many ways, and grateful for all of them.
10. I am terrible at math. Fine with basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), but really terrible at math.
So there you have it. :-)