I saw the prompt for this week's list, and thought it would be especially fun to do.
10 Movies You Can Watch Over and Over Again and Never Tire Of
2. All of the ridiculous "National Lampoon's 'Vacation'" movies. The Griswolds are like my family in soooo many ways.
3. "To Kill a Mockingbird" - more than excellent. Every.Single.Time.
4. "It's a Wonderful Life" - I know plenty of people can't stand this, but I'm not one of them.
5. "A Christmas Story" - the dad in this movie reminds me so much of my dad!
6. "Singin' in the Rain" - the cornball-ness of the movie is fun, and the scene giving the movie its title makes me so happy whenever I watch it.
7. "Room With a View" - one of the most aesthetically pleasing movies I have ever seen, with a story and acting that I just love.
8. "Casablanca" - it's got romance, history, Nazis, Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Peter Lorre ... you're getting the drift here, right?
9. "Gaslight" - young Angela Lansbury is sooooo evil!
10. "Auntie Mame" - oh how I used to wish that I had an Auntie Mame when I was a little girl!
You can probably tell from this list that I really like a lot of old movies, and I do - they are like lifelong friends to me, and so many not included here are also favorites. There are more recent ones that are also repeat watchings for me, but these are the first ten that came to mind while I was writing this post.
That's it for now ... I'd better get ready for my close-up ... ;-)