21 July 2014

Lots of Plans ...

I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd posted.  I've been busy with dr appts and such, and working extra hours to cover the time I'm not there because of said appts.

I have been trying to think ahead about projects, particularly gifts for people.  I have another great-niece arriving in mid-September, and I have decided I will knit her a Yoked Cardigan - though I haven't decided on the yarn I will use.  Then I want to knit that new great-niece and Baby Penn, born in May, hats for the fall/Halloween.  I have the yarn for those, so that's something I could get underway any time (as in, not the week before Halloween ...).

My niece Amanda turned 40 last December, and I had planned to knit her something special, but completely forgot.  I have some really lovely pink lace yarn (pink is her favorite color), and have been looking for some simple shawl projects.  Simple because lace and I have some issues, and also because I'd like to get it finished before she turns 41 ... ;-)  If any of you have suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Then there are various things floating around in my head, and if I want to make them in time for birthday and Christmas gifts, it might be a good idea to decide now and start sooner rather than later.

Thank you by the way for the great suggestions for my gifted handspun.  For now, that is on the back burner while I try to get myself to focus on gifts.  Not that I want to - or even could - knit for everyone, but there are some special folks who both deserve hand knits and truly appreciate them.  Those are the ones that I am always thinking about for projects for me that become gifts for them.

Other than that, I don't really have a lot that I am working on at the moment.  I am on sock #2 of a pair of socks for myself, which I would really like to finish this week.  It could happen, I'm on the gussets right now.  And I have a couple of other things in progress, though not too far along, so putting them to the side for a few months would not be a big problem.

What have you been planning to knit?

7 comments:

SissySees said...

I have a baby blanket I need to do a crochet trim on; said baby is arriving on Wednesday, predicted home on Friday, so... Time's wasting.

Kym said...

Those are some BIG knitting plans! Sometimes, I think my favorite things about knitting . . . is planning what to knit next!!! :-)

Nancy said...

I'm working on a baby blanket and sweater, but no immediate deadlines for knitting them.

I have another Quilt of Valor in the works, too.

Mereknits said...

I am planning on crocheting a few scarves and shawls, finishing knitting two pink Berroco sweaters and weaving a table runner for my other SIL.
So many things to make and here I sit reading blogs!
Hugs,
Meredith

kathy b said...

Fun to read your list.

I plan on : knitting a bunny from a square

Caffeine Girl said...

I've been working quite a bit on gifts, which I know I'll be glad about come November! I've got a shawl going for a sister-in-law and slippers for some of the guys in the family. Oh, and socks that I think are going to be gifted.

elns said...

I'm knitting socks and a shawl and am planning more socks and shawls. I wanted to do a knit tank top, but I'm hesitant to start it for some reason. I just wish there was more time to knit in general right now!