15 December 2014

Ten Things with Ten Days Left

I know I haven't been around much lately, even though I wanted to be.  Work has been ridiculous, annoying, and depressing.  I've been busy attempting to get a little bit of organizing done before the holiday season got it all out of hand.  But a big chunk has been accomplished, and so I am here today to share ten random things that have happened/are happening/will happen with 10 days left until Christmas.

1.  Packages  and cards sent.  All of our family members live elsewhere, and since we can't go to visit anyone for Christmas, we have to send packages.  We try to get them out as early as possible, but most of the time we are waiting until Employee Appreciation Days at The Tim's work, so we get even a little bit more of a discount on things we want to buy.  The last couple of years, it hasn't been all that early, so we've had to get things, wrap them, and send them out in a short amount of turnaround time.  The Tim mailed the last of the packages today, so we have accomplished a big chunk of what we wanted to get finished.  And most of the cards are on their way (he wants to write notes in a few).

2.  Christmas tree is up, with lights.  Tomorrow night, we will finish decorating it.

3.  Other decorations are up.  Once the tree is finished, I can finish cleaning, and we can just sit and enjoy it all!

4.  Mini-tree has been purchased and lights have been purchased for it.  I kept seeing people who had pictures of little trees they had in their house and when we were at Target a couple of weeks ago, they had a 2-ft. tree on sale.  So we bought it, I got a small strand of lights at CVS ($1.99 with a coupon!), and we have a lovely little festive tree on our third floor.


5.  When I picked up the box to buy the aforementioned tree, The Tim said, "It's OK with me, but you know it's not a real tree."  So nice to be married to a genius - eat your hearts out everyone else!

6.  One sock knit.  Hopefully another sock will be knit before Christmas Day, but if not, one completed sock and one sock-in-progress will be gifted.  (More on that in another post.)

7.  This Friday evening, we are going to a production of "The Nutcracker."  It's been a few years since we have seen it, so it will be good to go again.

8.  Cookies!  Now that packages are on their way, baking can begin!

9.  Christmas carols and Christmas shows.  Listening, singing, watching.  YAY!

10.  THESE!!!!!

I may have screamed with delight when I went to buy stamps at the post office.   It was one of the best days EVER.  I bought as many as I could, and since they are Forever stamps, I can use them for many Christmases to come.  I sent out Kim's card before I got them, but then she told me that the card came with a RUDOLPH POSTMARK and sent me a picture!  Win-win-win-win-win!  I know it's all to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Rankin-Bass show, but that makes it even better.

:-) 

8 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

Considering that work has been demanding, you have got an amazing amount of pre-X-mas preparations done!

Kym said...

Christmas is such a hectic time! It sounds like you've reached the point where your hard work is nearly done -- and you can relax and enjoy a little bit! (Love the stamps!)

Chris said...

I love those stamps!!! They are fantastic, especially the Bumble! You sure are organized for the holiday, it's sure a great feeling!

Nancy said...

Sounds like things are falling into place for your Christmas celebration. Enjoy!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- I love your little tree-and those stamps are great. The Bumble is my favorite.

Mereknits said...

Those stamps would totally make my day, I love Rudolph!
Hugs to you,
Meredith

elns said...

Fingers crossed they still have those stamps when I go next week. I start scratching irrationally when I think about holiday cards. sigh. There's a lot to do, but it sounds like there's an oodle done already and a bunch of good times in progress! My socks and your socks might be hanging out together in an ongoing WIP state this holiday season hehe.

KSD said...

I hadn't seen the Rudolph stamps --- adorable!