In any event, it is Friday, so let's see what has pleased me over the past week.
1. Last weekend could actually be all five of these things, but I'll call it #1 here. We traveled home to West Virginia, and visited with lots of family. We had bought tickets to a concert that weekend for everyone who was interested, as a Christmas gift. So besides all the fun we had just being together, we got to hear Tim and Mollie O'Brien perform with the Wheeling Symphony. Tim and Mollie grew up in Wheeling, so it was a homecoming event. And it was fabulous. Plus they are a lot of fun.
2. Pittsburgh. We headed home last Thursday, and everyone else was arriving on Friday evening, so The Tim and I headed to Pittsburgh for the day. We went to the Frick Art & Historical Center, which neither of us had visited before, and then we had a wonderful ramen noodle soup lunch at a local noodle place. The perfect lunch for a cold day!
3. President's Day. We returned to Philadelphia Sunday evening, and it was soooo nice to still have a holiday on Monday, and not have to go back to work right away.
4. Hats, scarves, mittens, socks. They make going outside in the uber cold possible, and mean that cabin fever is less likely to occur. Of course, hand knits are the best, but any that are warm make the cut.
5. Soup. It would be hard for me to count the ways I love soup - pretty much any kind. But I am particularly fond of potato soup and mushroom soup. I also tried this recipe (vegetarian-ally adapted), and it was not just easy to make, but extremely yummy! It will definitely go into the soup rotation.
So I have to say that even though it's been cold, and I have not felt particularly motivated to do much of anything at all, it's been a good week for all of us. I hope your week has gone well, and that you are keeping warm.
Happy weekend to everyone!