03 March 2015
Dinner at Eight?
For this week's Ten on Tuesday, Carole wanted us to imagine that we were hosting a dinner party, and wanted us to tell her 10 fictional characters from novels that we would invite.
I love this kind of thing, and of course have thought of so many possibilities ... then forgotten them in two minutes, and thought of more. So here is my list of dinner guests that are in my brain for the current two minutes, in no particular order.
1. Atticus Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird.
2. The Three Musketeers (all of them, as one invitation).
3. Adrian Mole, from The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4.
4. Armand Gamache, from the Louise Penny books featuring him.
5. Jo March from Little Women.
6. The two dogs and one cat from The Incredible Journey (I am counting them as one, since they are from the same book, and inviting only one of them would not make sense).
7. Ellen Foster.
8. Thursday Next, from the Jasper Fforde novels - and I would ask her to bring along Pickwick, her pet dodo, even if he caused trouble.
9. Ramona Quimby.
10. Black Beauty.
Looking at this list, the menu and the seating chart is gonna be quite a challenge!