You may or may not remember that for my One Little Word this year, I chose "mindful." I wanted to remember to enjoy and notice things NOW, instead of always thinking of what I would do/wear/eat/whatever in the future.
I have been doing a pretty good job of it, to be honest. And I have been trying to consciously make myself think of at least one good, positive thing about each day. Some days are more challenging than others, as you can imagine, but it makes me pay attention to where I am and what is happening as it does, rather than as it will.
So, when Carole suggested today's Ten on Tuesday topic, I decided it was just right for me and my word! I've given it some thought, and had fun making my list.
Ten Everyday Things That Delight You
1. Dug and the kitties. They are ridiculous, sweet, cuddly, and sometimes bad (I'm looking at you, Koodle!), but every single day I am glad that they are part of my life. I always tell them - and I mean it - that I love them more than my own life.
3. Hugs and kisses. Every day, I love getting and giving hugs and kisses to everyone in our little family.
4. Laughter. I try to find something to make me laugh every day. Usually it's not hard to do.
5. Music. I love music. A lot of different kinds. I always have some kind of music in my head, no matter what else I'm doing.
6. Trains at nighttime. Even in winter, before I go to sleep, I can hear the train whistles at the train station. No matter where I've lived during my life, this has been a constant, and it is an incredibly comforting sound to me. It makes me feel like things are OK before I fall asleep.
7. My neighborhood. I love where we live, and there is always something to hear, do, see, wonder about, etc.
8. Neighborhood wildlife. Squirrels, birds, even the opossum who seems to have set up housekeeping about two blocks away! Granted, none of the local critters have decided they need to live in our house, so I'm sure that is part of why I enjoy them ...
9. The Tim. Being #9 on the list doesn't mean he is lower than everything else, but rather that I couldn't decide whether to include him at all. I mean, let's face it, I don't know that he "delights" me every single day, but I did include Dug and the kitties, and The Tim is here every day, and is more often than not he is some version of delightful. ;-)
10. Food. I love food. Period.
There are plenty of other things, and the best part of thinking about this is that, as they came into my brain, they made me happy just thinking about them. I need a longer list!
What would be on yours?