I haven't felt inspired to write one of these posts for a while, mostly because the past few weeks have been so busy and often so annoying/frustrating that it was hard to step back and focus on the good. But it's time to change that if at all possible. So here are five of my favorite things from the past week.
1. A long weekend in Rehoboth Beach. My niece Amanda and her husband Pat invited us to stay with them last weekend at a house in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, that Pat's family shares. We took Dug with us, and the weather was perfect, we had a wonderful time, and even though it was only four days, it felt like weeks away. And it made up for missing Maryland Sheep & Wool this year. (Dug is still recovering from the whole weekend!)
2. A helpful person in the radiology dept where I am supposed to have an MRI. There was a mess-up with my insurance (of course, right?), and not only did she work it all out, but she was kind, friendly, and went above and beyond. I was so impressed, I sent an e-mail to her supervisor. It's so great to get excellent customer service when so many places have none at all.
3. A good haircut and color. I had an appt this week to get a haircut and get my hair colored. I knew the color would be good, since the person doing it has done a great job before. But the haircut part has been 50-50. This time it worked out well, so I was really pleased. I may still try another place, because her haircutting is so hit-or-miss, but for now I'm happy with it.
4. Inspiration to organize mindfully. I have been reading the book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo (you know, just like a bazillion other people), and it has inspired me. Granted, it also amuses me to know end, the way she expresses her methods and what she wants the reader to do, and I'll probably adapt it for my own circumstances (for instance, we don't have enough space to put every single thing of one type on the floor and work on sorting it), but it has made me want to be more mindful when I am organizing things. It all makes sense, I think that most of us just don't give it that much thought. My attempts will begin this weekend.
5. Nice weather. Spring has been here all week, and it feels great. I just hope it lasts, and doesn't suddenly become summer.
How about you? Has your week been a good one? Whether it has or not, best wishes for a wonderful weekend!