Yesterday, I posted the following as my Facebook update:
"Today is one of those perfect weather days. And it's Saturday. Here is my plan for the day:
3. Spend time outside with The Tim and Dug the Doodle Dog.
4. Eat and drink whatever I want.
5. Not think about work or any of the other annoying/depressing things I usually think about, or can't help thinking about.
6. Be as happy as I can be.
9. Listen to music and/or watch stupid things on TV, while cuddling kitties.
10. Laugh a lot.
11. Remember to be as happy as I can be and be grateful.
12. Stay off the computer for a change.
I am seldom able to convince myself that a day should be like this, because there are always Things That Must Be Done. But not today.
So I'll see you tomorrow."
That is exactly how my day turned out - it was wonderful. And I have to say, I didn't miss the computer all that much. The only time I was frustrated was when I wanted to check some weird question on Google, and couldn't. I think it didn't bother me that much because I knew I could use it today. I'm sure I could survive without being online, but I do enjoy it as a way to keep up with friends and family, you know?
Anyway, I finally finished the first watermelon sock! To be honest, I assumed when I started them, that I would be finished and wearing them by now. But as I remind myself, it's not a contest, and I will definitely be motivated to finish the second sock soon. I can wear them all next summer if I want to ...
Today has also been a quiet, somewhat lazy day. But I have done some laundry, completed a couple of errands, and obviously, used the computer - I posted some pet pictures on Instagram, besides other things.
I would encourage you to "take a day off" as it were. Everything and everyone was still around and doing their usual things today online. And maybe they had a lovely day yesterday as well, I don't know.
I do know that *I* did. :-)