20 April 2016

I Know It's Not Monday ...

and frankly, I'm glad, since one Monday per week is plenty, thank you very much

But I do enjoy Kathy's weekly memes that she posts on Monday.  However, Mondays are usually a mess for me, energy-wise and by the time I sit down in the evening after everything is done, I am often not in the mood for anything that requires thought!

However, Dee mentioned to me that I don't have to do it on Monday.  (Light bulb goes on over head)  So here are my answers for this week.


1. What's the most you would pay for a skein of sock yarn?

OK, socks are my very favorite thing to knit, so I'm usually willing to consider not-on-sale-yarn.  I would be willing to go as high as $40.00, but it would have to be amazing yarn that was not readily available to me on a normal basis.  For instance, when we last went to Ireland, I bought some local yarn and it was more than I'd usually pay, but it was only sold in a little village yarn store.  Most of the time, I'm willing to pay up to $25.00 or so.

2. What part of a pattern intimidates you?

" ... and at the same time" makes me break out in a cold sweat.

3. What is the most delicious thing you have eaten lately?

The other day I really treated myself, and got a just-out-of-the-oven, warm, gooey sticky bun with pecans on top.  YUM.

4. If you had the grave misfortune of being in a fire, would you grab your stash or your FOs?

I have been in two fires, and frankly, neither one of these would make the cut, unless for some reason I knew I had a lot of time to grab other than the essentials.

5. What is a big compromise in one of your relationships?  (Shh, you can tell us!)

My life is a series of small compromises in all of my relationships, every day.  I can't think of a big one at the moment.  I'm sure it's there somewhere, but since it's not happening right now, my mind is blank ...

6. Do you bathe your pets?

We bathe Dug when he needs it.  Fortunately he enjoys it, so it's not terribly traumatic.  The only cats I've ever bathed were two that were strays that we adopted and they were so filthy, we just had to bite the bullet and do it.

7. Have you ever been bitten by your pet?

Paraphrasing my response to #5, my life has been a series of being bitten.  Fortunately, none of the current group of cats are big biters, and if/when they do, it's never very serious.  I don't know that it would ever occur to Dug to bite anyone.

8.  How do you deal with pooling colors?

I leave them alone.  I'm OCD about a lot of things, but that isn't one of them.

9. Have you knit a Christmas or holiday gift for 2016?

I have one underway, and plans for a few more.  I think my plans are doable.

10. Do you enjoy Monday Memes?

Yes!  I enjoy reading everyone's responses, I like the varied questions and topics, and have had lots of fun doing this one.  Thanks, Kathy!

5 comments:

Araignee said...

At the same time is a killer. There should be a law....

Vera said...

I had forgotten about "at the same time" which is where I think I stopped working on the tank top I was knitting last summer.....

karen said...

loved reading your answers. At the same time drives me nuts, I think it is lazy pattern writing.

kathy b said...

Your welcome Bridget. YOu can do the meme anytime. I just choose to think them up on MOndays!
At the same time instructions completely paralyze me too.
Why can't they just write it out exactly for us?
That was one of my goals once

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah .....the dreaded "at the same time". That IS scary!