So - THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. I really felt comfort knowing you cared so very much. We are still kind of in shock, but as all of you know, life goes on no matter what, and some things have to be done regardless of what else has or has not happened. All of us are doing our best to adjust, some days are harder than others, as I'm sure many of you know.
Since I am here anyway, and am trying to find things to make me smile, I decided I would also use this post to answer Kathy's weekly questions. This week, her topic is Christmas in July (does that mean it will cool down?? If only ...)
1. We all have our Christmas movie favorites. Do you have a summer movie you watch over and over?
I usually watch at least part of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with Jimmy Cagney on/around the 4th of July. It's so cornball, and we always watched it growing up. I think I might be able to recite it.
2. How's your Holiday 2016 knitting coming along?
I'm only slightly behind, but the things I am planning to knit as gifts are pretty quick knits, so I'm hoping to have a couple more completed by the end of the month. So far, I have one hat out of 3 completed, and 1/2 of a shawlette completed out of 4 I hope to make.
3. I have more time to read in summer than around the winter holidays. What have you read lately?
I recently finished the third installment of the Maisie Dobbs stories, which was interesting. But my favorite book that I finished most recently was A Man Called Ove. I listened to the audiobook, and it has become one of my favorite books of all time.
4. Is there anything better than an iced Christmas cookie?
I seldom have iced Christmas cookies ... but during the summer, nothing beats a gelati from Rita's. Nothing!
5. Have you knit a gnome?
No, but I have a couple of little ones knitted and then felted by someone else that I've bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool a couple of different times. One is just a cutie, and one is a Santa gnome.
6. Are you more excited about your Christmas tree or your summer garden?
I've been fixing up our garden, and it's really nice. The Tim has a deck garden where he is growing veggies and herbs. They are great. But nothing is better than a Christmas tree!
7. You've just created your favorite winter colorway. What do you call it?
Snowy Evening Walk in the Woods
8. Someone is secretly knitting you a Christmas gift. What do you wish it to be?
Christmas themed/colored socks or fairisle mittens.
9. If you need snow for the perfect Christmas, what do you need for the perfect 4th of July?
Temperatures during the day in the upper 70s, sunny with no humidity, and a cool, clear evening.
10. Let's make the last one yes or no; are you knitting in the air conditioning today?
At home, no because our house doesn't have a/c. But I do have to go to a dr's appt, and they will have a/c. So yes and no. ;-)
What about you?
Thank you again everyone. For every single thing.