24 May 2017

Betwixt and Between

Hello there, and before I say anything more, I want to say a huge "thank you" to everyone who left a comment, said a kind word, or offered to keep a good thought for our boy Jetsam.  Words cannot adequately express how your kindness made me feel.  We'll keep going as long as it's all good.  :-)

Today is another Unraveled Wednesday, and it finds me betwixt and between.  As for reading, I'm still working on my Maisie Dobbs audiobook, and still enjoying it.  I'm also reading VB6 by Mark Bittman, which is not really a read for fun, more because I am curious about it.  It's more of a dip-in and out book than a steady read.

I just started reading this book yesterday, and I'm enjoying it so far.


It's the third in the series, and no it's not great literature, but it's a fun read.  So sue me.

I also want to make a final decision on my Summer Book Bingo card.  Each year, I think I'll do it, then I forget to get my act together, and read others' posts about what they have read, and what fun it is, and then I'm annoyed at myself.  So this year, I'm gonna make it happen.  But I clearly need to get going, since it all starts this coming Saturday!

On the knitting front?  Nothing really, if you can believe it.  Mainly because I've barely had time to collect everything for a project and get started.  I have the pattern and the yarn for my Sonora shawl, but have not gotten the needles, stitch markers, bag, etc. together yet.  And whatever socks I decide to make will require winding some yarn, so that has to happen as well. I'm sure it will all be in place by Friday, since we will be going to West Virginia for Memorial Day weekend, and l want at least one of those projects ready to take along.

Clearly I need a personal assistant to help me get things organized ... ;-)

13 comments:

Bonny said...

I really do enjoy Book Bingo and can't imagine my summer without it. It takes some planning, but much of that for me is so I can get as many books as possible from librraies. Some of the best books I've read have been things I chose because of Book Bingo - just a bit out of my comfort zone, but not enough to make reading a chore (which it should never be). And it brings back fun memories of childhood summers spent reading and choosing as many books as possible from the library! Continuing good thoughts for you and Jetsam.

Vera said...

Oh I hope you join Book Bingo. It's my first year - we can be freshmen together - lol. Get your knitting (and reading) together and have a fabulous long weekend!!

Kwizgiver said...

I'm not sure if I'm going for Bingo or not, but I've got a few reads lined up.

Anonymous said...

The book looks interesting. I find my brain-power a little lacking in the evenings right now. Some simple reading is more up my alley.

Araignee said...

I just got my one and only summer read from the library and it will take several renewals I'm sure. I've got the latest #1 Ladies Detective Agency. I read a page and fall asleep these days. I can listen to my audio books better but I like to read that series.

Tired Teacher said...

I've never heard of Book Bingo, but it sounds intriguing. I love light reading in the summer as well as mindless knitting.

Kym said...

Sign me up for a Personal Assistant!!! :-)
You'll enjoy Summer Book Bingo, Bridget. It's a fun way to track your summer reading -- and maybe challenge you to try a book you hadn't previously considered. And it's just fun to yell BINGO once in a while (even in the privacy of your own living room).
(And "beach reads" - as I call them - are good for the soul.) XO

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I just read about Jetsam....poor baby....I will keep him and you all in my prayers. All your reads sound interesting but the Moon Spinners has really peaked my interest. I must check that one out for sure.

AsKatKnits said...

Last year was my inaugural year in Book Bingo and I did not do much pre-planning at all. However, I had so many helpers pairing books with categories - that it was fun and I read "out of my comfort zone". I am thrilled you are joining SBB this year! If you need suggestions, I might not have miles and miles of books read, but I will gladly help you if I can. Also, Mary is an excellent suggester! As are Margene, Carole, Kym, and Bonny! They have opened my eyes to exciting new books I would have never read without their prompting.

KSD said...

Apropos of nothing in your entry: today is Red Nose Day, which always reminds me of you and Rudolph.

Carry on. <3

Nance said...

Enjoy your long weekend, and I hope you have suitable weather. We have rain overmuch, and I am soggy.

handmade by amalia said...

If you like Maisie Dobbs you may want to try the Bess Crawford series by Charles Todd. Not as melancholy but equally nice.
Amalia
xo

Judy S. said...

Now you've got me curious about Book Bingo; it sounds interesting. Sounds like you've been busy! Hope you have a nice relaxing time in West VA. The good thing about knitting is that it's always there.....waiting.