Are you ready for the weekend? I have some things I want to do around the house and in the garden. Next week my sister and brother-in-law, and my niece Amanda and her husband Pat (of our trip to Puerto Rico fame) are coming to spend the Bloomsday weekend with us. So I want to finish putting some stuff away, and finish cleaning up. And I would like to plant a few things that I have for the garden and front planter. Elstwise, nothing too elaborate or exciting, but that's fine since we'll be so busy next weekend.
The socks from the last post are in a brief timeout, until I can get over to Loop and buy another set of needles. I lost one from the set I'm using, which I bought because the other set I was using was so worn, they were snagging the yarn. The Tim had sanded them for me a couple of times, but it's time to move along. You'd think with all of the sock knitting I do, I'd spring for multiple sets of double pointed needles. At least right now, you would be wrong ...
Anyway, it's time to share five good things from the week, so here you go.
1. Cool weather. It's actually still spring, in spite of everyone else wanting it to be summer. For the last few years, we've been lucky if we got a week of springtime weather before heat and humidity arrived. This year, we've actually had spring weather - nice days and cool (sometimes actually cold!) nights for sleeping. Since I suspect we are going to have a brutal summer (and the heat and humidity are supposed to arrive on Sunday), I've been enjoying spring and the cool weather.
2. A better circular needle. I started working on the Sonora Shawl, and when I got to the colorwork portion, it was a nightmare with a metal needle. So I walked over to Loop the other day and got a wood needle, and it's made all of the difference! That made me happy, because I have really wanted to knit the pattern ever since I saw it, and instead I was a) making a mess, and b) getting really discouraged and frustrated. Wood needle for the win!
3. Lasagna. We don't have this very often, but the other night, The Tim fixed some truly amazing vegetable lasagna. Fortunately, there are leftovers, so it wasn't a one-shot deal. :-)
4. Kitty cuddles. Since it's been cool, all of the cats are still wanting to cuddle. I've been enjoying it, knowing that once the weather changes, those cuddles will be few and far between.
5. Taking a long walk on a beautiful day. Last Saturday was a gorgeous day. and in the afternoon The Tim and I went out for nice, long walk. We have taken plenty of walks together overall, but generally we are on the way to somewhere, or running an errand, so a leisurely walk was a special treat. We stopped and got coffee on the way, then stopped at the Farmer's Market on the way home. It was one of those days when it seemed as if the planets had aligned, you know?
What about you? Do you have any things from the past week that were especially good, and/or made you smile? I hope so!
Here's to a good weekend, no matter what your plans happen to be.