Hello - Happy Friday and Happy Bastille Day! I hope this finds everyone doing OK. It's been a tough week, but if you are reading this, it means you survived it, just like I did. That counts for a lot. Right now it's raining here in Philadelphia, but that's good because a) rain for the plants, flowers, trees, etc., and b) it's supposed to chase away the stupidly high heat and humidity, and make it breathable again.
Here are five good things from my past week. I need to remind myself that there is always at least one thing that is good, no matter how everything else has stacked up. :-)
1. Laughing. I love to laugh, and this week has had some really funny if stupid things that happened that made me laugh until I cried. Most of them are the kind of things that would be too hard to explain to anyone who wasn't around, but even remembering them now pleases me.
2. Fake margaritas. The Tim has recently taken to buying this:
He pours some tequila in a glass with this, and some ice cubes, and voila - fake margaritas! They are mighty tasty, let me tell you!
3. This is a nice story - how kind of Chris Martin to bring the guy onto the stage. (Yes, I know it was dangerous for the guy to be crowd-surfing, yadda yadda yadda, but I'm focusing on the good here.)
4. Petting dogs. On my walk to and from work, I often run into people taking their dogs for a walk, and a lot of the time, I get to pet said dogs. It always makes me happy, and sometimes the dog seems pretty pleased too! This past week there were more opportunities than usual, so that was a real plus.
5. Packages in the mail. This week I got 4 packages in the mail! It was all stuff I'd ordered, but nonetheless, it's such fun to have something waiting for you when you get home from work. I love getting mail in general, and getting a package amps it way up.
What things have made you smile or just feel happier this week? I hope there's at least one.
Have a good weekend - as far as I know, nothing special is happening with us, but sometimes those are the best weekends, right?