17 November 2017

Old Photo Friday


My sisters and I at Bear Mountain, NY, probably 1960 or early 1961.  At that time, we lived in Teaneck, NJ, and used to go to Bear Mountain pretty regularly.  I'm not sure why, as we did not ski, hike, or do other winter sports.  But I do remember it was fun, and there are very few pictures of the three of us, so this one is special.

I also remember thinking that my jacket was quite the thing.  No one else had a plaid jacket with a hood, you know ...

Have a cozy weekend!

11 comments:

Bonny said...

You all look cold, but still have big smiles. (And your jacket really was quite the thing!)

Nance said...

It looks so cold and windy, but your Amazing Jacket is protecting you!

sprite said...

Adorable! But now I have "Bear Mountain Picnic" going through my head!

Kym said...

What FUN! I love seeing old family photos. Such happy memories. (And, yeah. You're rockin' that plaid!)
XO

Anonymous said...

And ....white boots to coordinate!!!

By the looks of things you were quite chilly that day! But, LOOK! Your mom is smiling!!!!!

Tired Teacher said...

I love it! It looks cold and windy.

Araignee said...

I had a jacket just like that one and loved it to death. I think mine was red but it's hard to tell because all our old photos are B&W.

AsKatKnits said...

Somehow as a child I could tolerate cold, snow, wind, and just generally miserable! Not quite the same as an adult.

karen said...

adorable and I love the oldness of the photo :)

Judy S. said...


Fun photo and truly one to treasure!

Tamster said...

Wow, Bear Mountain! I grew up in River Vale, NJ, just on the NY state border by Nanuet and Pearl River. Our Senior Skip Day was a trip to Bear Mountain and my father owned a small speedboat that we used to take up the Hudson from Piermont up to West Point. What a great picture.