13 December 2017

So Close!

Hello and Happy Wednesday!  I'm joining with Kat and everyone else today in Unraveled Wednesday, not because any unraveling has happened, but because I am thisclose to having three knitting projects finished!

On the base layer here is my For the Birds top, which needs only a neckline, woven in ends and a good blocking to be finished.  My goal was to finish it before the end of the year, and I think that - even with the other things going on related to holiday time, I can meet that goal - YAY!

The green stringy thing on the left is the second of the fingerless mitts I am making for The Tim. Two fingers done, just the index finger, pinkie finger, and thumb to go.  I thought the second one would go more quickly, but not really.  I think because I don't get to work on it as much as I'd like.  At the moment, it has still not been seen by The Tim, so I want to keep it a surprise.

On the lower right is the second of my Holly Berry Socks.  I realized when I stopped knitting the other day that I had only knit one row of each of the small rows with white at the top and bottom before the charted pattern - and you are supposed to knit two rows!  But I'm not ripping back all of it, particularly since these are for me.  Theoretically it will bug me, but I'll live.

So that's the knitting part.


As for reading, I just started How the Light Gets In, by Louise Penny.  It's the next (for me) in her Armand Gamache series, and takes place at Christmastime, so it's the perfect storm of reading right now!


I hope your knitting and reading are keeping  you happy and merry these days!

16 comments:

Bonny said...

Three wonderful almost-FOs and a great book sound like just the things for happiness and merry-making!

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations on having your projecst so close to being finished.i know you can meet your goals.

I'm listening to Paradise Valley by C.J. Box. He's a Wyoming author, and I love his books.

Araignee said...

That sock is just so pretty! I was just in the library looking for a good Christmas read and they didn't make a display this year and I got tired of looking on the shelves. I think I read that book last year and liked it. I think. I can't remember anything anymore.

Jan said...

I think the snowballs look very effective. Handmade items should always have a small mistake that's only known to the maker! Jx

sprite said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for your finishing all your knits soon, but only mentally since I need my physical ones free for my own knitting.

Needles and Wool said...

That's great you will be completing your project by the end of the year. It feels so good to meet goals and then it always gives us the opportunity to start fresh in the new year. I am knitting the second stocking and going to be working on knitting a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. Happy Knitting!

Kym said...

What great nearly-finished projects! I'll bet Tim will be surprised when he finally sees the fingerless gloves . . . complete. :-)

karen said...

I am jealous that you are almost done with three projects and of your reading content!! I hope I get back into the swing of things after the kitten settles more (let's face it, after I settle more).

elns said...

Ooo what a treat a Christmastime read. Last Christmastime mystery I read really put me in a festive cozy mood.

Your top looks fabulous. I must've missed that you were knitting the gloves in secret, I'm impressed you have gotten as much done as you have! As for the Christmas socks, I was / am in your world and I truly believe because I love the holidays, socks, holiday socks so much, we really will not give a crap, because we will have holiday socks. Don't sweat it, enjoy your knit and you'll soon be enjoying the big finish!

Jane said...

I like the looks of those Holly Berry socks - very festive. I really enjoyed the audio of the book you are reading. What a series.

Anonymous said...

The Christmas socks remind me of holly leaves and berries. So pretty!

Vera said...

Great almost finished things Bridget! you are so close. I love all the Louise Penny books. I want to live in Three Pines. And I want all those characters as my neighbors and friends.

Hey - we got more snow last night!! Did PHL get some too?

Lorraine said...

Bridget- You can do it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I find the second thing, no matter what it is (sleeve, sock, glove) always takes longer!

kathy b said...

OH we are enjoying the WAIT for Christmas. We are enjoying the lights, the sounds, the baking and the contemplative waiting for the Christmas Day.
Im done gift knitting. I was at two holiday gatherings yesterday so not one stitch got knitted. This evening there will be lots of time.
Your wips are great!

Mereknits said...

I just finished Glass Houses by Louise Penny.. Can I say that each one of her books leaves me stunned and when I finish one I am unable to read anything else for several days. Good luck with the book.