Hello fellow Friday-ers! I hope you are able to get through the stuff you need to do today so that you can enjoy the weekend. It's December - we should especially be able to enjoy ourselves, right?
I realized the other day that it has been a little bit more than 2 years since I did a five things on Friday post - what??!! I enjoyed those, and for whatever reason it fell off my radar. So what better time than now to do it again, when there are many things to enjoy and that make me happy?
So without further ado, let's see what I come up with, shall we?
1. Knitting a pair of Christmas socks for myself. I realized that I hardly ever end up knitting a pair of Christmas socks for myself, and so immediately decided to remedy that. (And I failed to take a photo for this post, but I promise one soon!) I am knitting the Vintage Fairy Lights pattern, which I started a couple of years ago, but decided it was too much brainwork and just switched to a plain sock. However, I decided that I could figure it all out this year, and I did, so I am well underway, and they are making me very happy! It doesn't hurt that the yarn I am using is in a colorway called Rudolph and Clarice. :-)
2. Watching Vlogmas videos. I really enjoy seeing how others are observing/enjoying this season, though I am also intrigued by how their Christmas decorations seem a) in a theme, and b) very fresh. Ours are, shall we say "eclectic," and a lot of them are clearly loved many years. Which is fine for us. But I do like seeing into other peoples' lives, even if it's a specifically-set time, place, etc. In my deepest heart, I'm a nebshit, what can I say?
3. Lights and candles. They make everything look happier and prettier, and I also find that they make me feel cozy.
4. Decorating my desk at work. God forbid our whole department put up any decorations, since they are on their best days, Scrooges, but - there is one other person who decorates her desk and since we are the only two that will be at work today, we've decided to have a decorating party, complete with Christmas music and cookies. One of the few times it will be fun to be at work (at least for part of the day, if not the whole time).
5. Turkey and dumplings. Well, vegetarian turkey and dumplings, but in any case, I am planning to make that for dinner on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it. I love making dumplings almost as much as I like eating them. Granted, the "recipe" I use doesn't really make what most people think of as being dumplings, but that is what we always called them growing up, so there you go. A couple of times during the winter, I make this meal, and it's one of our favorites. I realized last year that one of the times I make it is during Advent, so this will be the weekend this year!
Do you have five - or more or less - things that are currently your favorites? I hope so.
Have a good weekend, and if it is cold where you are, make sure to stay warm. :-)