27 December 2022

A Lovely Christmas Day


Hello to all of you! I hope everyone who celebrated Christmas Day had a good one. Ours was lovely, and since we had no reason to go outside into the bitter cold, we just hunkered down and stayed cozy in the house.

I wanted to show you this decoration of ours. About ten years ago, my niece Liz and her husband Greg sent this to us for a Christmas gift. In theory, it's supposed to have a light inside and light up when the tree is turned on, but we've never gotten around to that. But we really love it, and every year, it is lovingly placed under the tree for all of our celebrations.

The kitties had a wonderful day, with their gifts and the boxes, wrapping, and ribbons from everyone's gifts. They got treats as well, and by late afternoon they were all passed out asleep. I'll share some of those pictures later, but suffice it to say that Santa treated them well, and clearly had them on the list of those who had been good all year.

The Tim and I are both back at work this week, which on the plus side is good because it means we have income, but on the minus side, I just think everyone should be able to have the week between Christmas and New Year's to enjoy. Sadly, I do not run the world. I mean, could we at least have been given Monday? Nope, not in this universe. We obviously both survived, but both reported a long boring day. 

Tomorrow morning I have an appt for a bone scan, bright and early. I'm hoping it goes as usual, so I can have plenty of time after to get to work. Usually it's not something that takes long, either wait time or for the actual appt, but you never know when will be the exception. At least tomorrow is my last day of work for the week, so my time is all my own after that. I'm looking forward to it.

I actually did a Christmas Eve cast-on this year. Late in the afternoon on Christmas Eve, The Tim took a nap, so I decided to cast on a sock. I pulled out the Advent skein I bought from the Freckled Whimsy, and got started. I never have time to do a stripe-a-day during December leading to Christmas, because I'm busy with other stuff. But at least I have gotten these started while it's still Christmastime. 😊 Right now, I have the cuff and two stripes, but when I make a little bit more progress, I'll share a picture with all of you.

And that's the news from here. I hope you are enjoying a good week, regardless of any celebrations you may or may not observe. Take care, and I'll check in again soon.

5 comments:

Araignee said...

I think your advent sock idea is a great one. I enjoyed watching everyone knit theirs this year but I knew would never be able to keep up so I never even try. Maybe next year I'll buy the yarn and get it started on Christmas day since we never go anywhere and it's always a bit of a downer. It would be something to look forward to.

Dee said...

Glad you had a good Christmas.

Your library is adorable. Steve has a Bakelite church from when he was a little kid. I have no place to plug it in. I broke open a battery operated votive candle and taped it into the place where the Christmas light bulb should be. Worked perfectly. Might work for your library too.

Hope all goes well with your bone scan and then you can enjoy a care-free week doing what you want.

Kim in Oregon said...

I haven't heard of that yarn--do you sell it at your shop? What base are you using?

Kym said...

I'm so glad you and Tim and the kitties had such a lovely Christmas Day, Bridget! (I loved seeing the kitty-gifts on IG.) I love your special ornament . . . it's so nice to get those really meaningful ones out each year, isn't it? Have a great week! XO

Ellen D. said...

Sounds like a very happy Christmas! Ours was busy and I was exhausted but there was lots of good food and laughs! The house is so quiet once everyone leaves so I have plenty of time to rest and relax!
Hope your New Year will be filled with peace, joy, and good health!