07 February 2023

Lazy and Cold

Hiya - I meant to post yesterday, but woke up feeling pretty awful. Things improved as the day went on, but I think I might be getting a cold. Today I feel congested and all of my bones hurt. Fortunately, it's not Covid, so that's the good news.

Anyway, it was a cold and lazy weekend. So cold, I happened to snap this photo on Saturday morning:


I got up a bit later than usual, and after getting cleaned up and dressed I came back into the room to make the bed, but there were three reasons I wasn't able to do that. 😊 But I couldn't blame them - the bed was cozy, and the sun was coming through the windows, warming up the room. So I left them all there and made the bed later.

I did a few cleaning-up-putting-away things, but was mostly just lazy all day, staying warm and reading or knitting. I did make some granola, which turned out very well, so I guess that was my major accomplishment! 

Sunday was my shift at the yarn store. It was busy enough, but not crazy busy, and we didn't get one nut job all day, so that made it more pleasant. It's funny, but Sundays go fast as a rule. I guess it's because that's when most people are able to come in, and quite a few people show up for Knitting Circle from 1-3. We close at 4 on Sundays, so once we clean up after people leave, it's just about time to go home.

I guess it's because I don't feel so great, but yesterday and so far today I haven't been in the mood to read or to knit much. I work on my project at the shop, but even on Saturday when I felt fine, I did more reading than knitting. I'm not worried about it, but I would like to finish some of my projects so I could use them. Maybe if this cold gets under control, I'll feel more with it overall. I hope so.

And that's the exciting news from here. I hope your week treats you well. 

8 comments:

kayT said...

Sorry you don't feel well.

Why are you making your cats sleep on a sheet with DOGS on it??? :)

Araignee said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I have the same problem with my kitties. I haven't been able to vacuum in ages because it has been so cold that they are all inside looking too cozy to disturb every morning. They scatter in fear if I even open the closet where I keep "the monster".

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I think you need to go join those kitties in that bed! Hope you feel better soon!

Dee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

KSD said...

Not a single nut job? Not even half of one?

Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better.

Kim in Oregon said...

Feel better soon! It's cold season apparently.

Kym said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Bridget. It's no fun to be sick . . . Sending good juju your way! (And those are Smart Kitties you've got there.) XO

Ellen D. said...

Hope you feel better soon. I have heard a lot of people mentioning cold symptoms so something must be going around. Hope it goes away quickly!