When we had Dug, he would happily sleep in his crate, or even just go there if he needed a break from everything (unless a cat was already sleeping there). Hamlet had never been kept in a crate, so we didn't even set it up for him.
When we got Angus, the crate we had was WAY too big for him, so we ordered a soft-sided crate, which is much more manageable and frankly nicer-looking. I mean, it lives in the bedroom so it's not something most people see, but it's still a nice one. Angus didn't always necessarily want to go in if we were heading out someplace, but if you put a treat in there, he'd go. And he knew it was where he would sleep at night.
Katie was allegedly crate trained, but in reality ... not so much. The first few nights we had her, she would let us put her there to sleep. During my first volunteer shift, I put her in there with a peanut butter bar doggie treat, as I used to do with Angus, and figured that for the couple of hours I was gone, it would be fine. This way, since we weren't sure how she would be when she was alone with the cats, we didn't have to worry.
So imagine my surprise when I came home and Katie greeted me at the door! Upon inspection, it was clear she had clawed her way through the mesh and got out through the hole she made!
OK, we get it, you don't want to be in the crate. 🙄
We kept it up though, becasue sometimes at night, she would go in to lie down at least for some of the time.
The cats however - who think that every single item in the house is first and foremost theirs - have no problem taking possession of dog items.
Please note what this bed says, and the animals it depicts. Milo thinks it's very comfy in any case.
Esme thinks the crate is extremely comfortable, sans dog.
So does Alfie.
Oh well ... I guess it's good that someone is using these things?
Have a comfortable weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment