17 August 2007

A quick Friday post

I'm a day late with my Booking Through Thursday posting, but better late than never:

Monogamy?

One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar?
(We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)

Let me see ... I guess for the most part, I am monogamous. Usually because I have a hard time keeping track of more than one book at a time. I read all kinds of stuff every day, but if a book has any involved plot, or a large cast of characters, I enjoy it much more all by itself.

Besides, a lot of the time, I'm reading for part of an evening or a day, and knitting for another part. Keeping a book in mind, and paying attention to a pattern is plenty!

Off to Baltimore

Tomorrow, we are off to Baltimore for the weekend, to see some family, laugh, eat, and drink. It should be a lot of fun, and then once we're back, both of us are on vacation next week! We may take a couple of day trips, but even if we stay put, I'm looking forward to just not having to go to work ...

Comments, comments ...

Well as of this evening, I have gotten 47 comments since I posted about my contest to celebrate the first anniversary of my blog - I'm amazed, especially since they are not all the same people commenting all of the time! I've been enjoying keeping track of things, and hearing from so many people. It really has been lots of fun every day, seeing who else wrote what.

Remember, you still have a chance to be in the drawing until midnight on Sunday.

That's it for now. Hope all of you have a good weekend!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a monogamous reader. I'm sure I couldn't keep track of 2 stories at the same time.

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary and blog success. I always enjoy your posts.

I'm sad that the Harry Potter story is finished also. I am looking forward to the rest of the movies though.

I got my Ravelry invite and the Clapotis pictures are stunning! I'm waiting to hear about my special-ordered yarn. This weekend I will be be on a mission to find the perfect needles. I no longer own any straight needles but think they'd work best for this pattern.

Have a great weekend and a relaxing vacation.

Anonymous said...

A contest is a surefire way to increase your readerage. And commentage.

Enjoy Baltimore!

mary said...

I usually work on more than one knitting project at a time, I always work on several work-as in job-projects at once, but books, I'm a totally monogamous book reader.

Carol said...

Have a great time! I'm a one at a time reader too. It sort of becomes my private movie going on in my little head ;)

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Baltimore this weekend but the week off of work sounds heavenly!

I'm a multi project knitter but one at a time reader myself.

barbp said...

I hope you've had a terrific weekend in Baltimore. I always have lots of fun at the Inner Harbor.

Anonymous said...

I used to be a polygamous reader---and sometimes still am when it comes to nonfiction---but am monogamous when it comes to fiction.

Baltimore! Not far from us; we're in Annapolis. I love the photos of Clancy and Chumleigh, and those are great names!