Anyway, I am feeling somewhat scattered at the moment, so "Potpourri" seemed like a good description for this post. (Maybe another time, I'll do "Potent Potables" ...)
In any event:
1. Office supplies - one of my co-workers sent this picture around in an e-mail, and I think it would be an excellent addition to practically any office's supply closet.
The Evil New Boss asked me if I had seen the e-mail when I had one of my approximately 600 daily meetings with her. I said I had, since the person had sent it to everyone. ENB said that it "disturbed" her to even think someone would create something like that even as a joke. I said nothing aloud in response, but my brain was working overtime. Good grief.
2. In late September, when Doughboy visited, we headed up to Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia for the Carnavale of the Dogs 2008, an event sponsored every year by Commerce Bank. It was a lot of fun, though I think Doughboy was stunned to see so many dogs all at once. One part involved a costume contest. We met a full-bred Newfie (Doughboy is half Newfie-half Chow) who was dressed as Barbra Streisand:
Doughboy found her quite fetching.
3. The Phillie Phanatic - I got a couple of e-mails from people who saw my last post, and wanted to know what type of a creature the Phillie Phanatic is. Duh, he's a mascot! (And that is everything I know about the Phillie Phanatic, really.)
4. The election and digital TV - I will be happy when the election is over, as I am tired of the campaign commercials, but I will be even happier once the switch to digital TV occurs in February 2009. Those commercials are bugging me even more. Yet you know there will still be eejits who are puzzled when it happens, 'cause they had no idea.
5. Knitting news - I have an FO that is blocking as we speak! Yes, I do actually finish things from time to time, believe it or not. I'll show you a picture in my next post. Yep, I can show a picture of this one. Gives you something to look forward to, huh?
6. Zach Attack - I've saved the best picture for last. The weekend before this past one, my niece La Liz, her husband Greg, and Zach came for a visit. The weather was great, and we had such fun with them. Zach and Jetsam wore each other out, and we did a lot of walking around. But of course our first trek was to the playground, and on the way, we stopped in Fitler Square, where there are several animal sculptures that kids especially love. La Liz took this great picture of Zach by the turtles.
Now is that one cute kid or what?? And I have to say, he is one of the nicest, most well-behaved little kids I've ever been around. (And though I am biased, I've also been around LOTS of little kids. Most of whom behaved appallingly. The little darlings.)
OK, I guess that's enough rambling for now. But don't worry, I'll be back with yet another fascinating post soon!