This week, the topic for 10 on Tuesday is:
10 Things That Turn You Off About People
If there were only ten (or even fewer things) ... oh well, here you go.
1. People who use their cell phones all of the time. Nothing is more annoying than being in the middle of a conversation with someone, when they stop to take a call. Or when you are around someone who never ever stops talking on their cell phone. It would be difficult to convince me that those calls are all absolutely necessary.
2. People with no sense of humor. I don't even care if it's a lame sense of humor, it's better than none at all.
3. Self-righteous people. It seems to me that if you have to tell me how good/moral/generous/whatever you are, you are all of those for the wrong reasons.
4. Liars. Do you really need a reason for this one?
5. People who don't like animals. I understand people who don't want to own an animal, or are ambivalent, but I steer clear of anyone who doesn't like animals at all.
6. Inconsiderate/unkind people. Everyone has feelings, and no one likes to have them hurt or dismissed.
7. Snobs. See second part of #4 ...
8. Know-it-alls. Brings my mockery mode into overdrive.
9. Preachy people. Doesn't matter if it's preaching about religion, lifestyle, food choices, etc. If you start preaching at me, I stop listening. I'll generally ask if I'm curious about something.
10. People who refuse to believe that you would really and truly like to be left alone. Just because they don't want to spend time alone, they shouldn't assume that it's a problem for everyone.
Now I must sign off, as I have a phone call from one of my really famous friends so they can tell me about all of the wonderful things they have done for mankind today ...