29 September 2009

Something to Keep You Guessing ...

You may (or may not) recall a month or so ago, when I said that I realized that my blog was three years old, I mentioned that I would do something to celebrate, but I wasn't sure what it would be. Well, I've decided that it will be another contest of a sort.

This post you are reading is my 432nd post. I try to post often, but some weeks are better than others, depending on what else might be going on around here. So I'm going to let you try predict something:

When will I write my 450th post?

Here are the rules:

1. In order to participate, you must send me an e-mail (thekittyknitterATverizonDOTnet), or leave a comment on THIS post, saying when you think I will be writing my 450th post. For example: "I think it will be on November 29th."

2. You must also let me know if you would prefer: a) a knitting-related prize, b) a reading/book-related prize, or c) either one.

3. To participate, you must leave a comment/send an e-mail no later than October 10. If there is more than one person who guesses the correct date, I will do a random drawing to determine the winner. If one person guesses the day before, and another the day after, but no one guesses the actual date, I will do a random drawing to decide the winner.

4. If no one comes even close, I will make a contribution to the charity of my choice.

Please believe me when I say that I have no more idea than any of you do, when this post might occur. And I am too lazy to plan it out, so it will truly be a matter of luck for anyone to guess the correct date.

The prizes? Well, I'm still thinking. I will definitely have something in mind for either knitters or readers, in the event that the winner is only interested in one aspect or the other.

(If I have made this as clear as mud, please let me know.)

"Good luck, Wilbur ... and everyone else, too!"

15 comments:

Carol said...

December 1, 2009.

Jenn said...

November 29, 2009

sprite said...

Nov. 11.

sprite said...

Oops, I didn't read carefully. Sorry. I'd be delighted with either something literary or knitterly.

And congratulations on nearing 450 posts. That's quite an accomplishment!

Dianne said...

Hmmm, December 20th. Either prize would be great

Mistrmi said...

Uh. . . After your 449th?

Marie said...

November 27. If I win, a book would be nice. Thanks for doing this.

SissySees said...

December 2nd, as it happens to be the Knight's birthday. I'm sure any prize you pick would be delightful!

Maureen said...

November 16th.

Chris said...

November 17, which is my birthday. :) Either knitterly and bookish would be fine with me.

Bookfool said...

I was going to say November 31 because I thought it would be funny, but that would also make me a certain loser, wouldn't it? So . . . hmm . . . December 7. I don't knit. Sigh. I want to knit but I need a guide or a club or an old lady friend to help me cast on. I cannot cast on for the life of me. So, readerly. You have good taste; I already know that much.

Congratulations on your 3+ years. :)

mary said...

I'll guess November 15th.

Congrats on your 3 years. It's been great reading your blog.

Geek Knitter said...

I'll guess November 9. I'd like something book-related if I'm the winner.

Carrie K said...

Nov 24th. Either, when I win. ;)

Bookfool! Old lady friend? Geez.

craftivore said...

Wow, that's a lot of posts. I'm going for Monday, November 9th. (I'm willing a booky thing in my direction)