06 November 2009

Thank Yous

Well, I did survive my 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. day yesterday, though not without being cold, hungry, and sore (queue pityparty music ...).   It started to get colder than it's been for a while last night, and of course I was mostly outside, and then - worst of all - we didn't get a dinner break like we usually do!  Then when I got about 2 blocks from home, all of a sudden every single part of my person hurt like crazy ... I'm sure it was psychological, but I was so busy feeling sorry for myself, that I tripped up the steps into the house and actually scraped my chin!  Eeejit.

I do thank you however, for the following:

1.  Your kind notes and anniversary wishes to myself and The Tim.  We had very nice, quiet day together, and went out for a late lunch/early dinner.  Our original plan to go hiking at Hawk Mountain was scrapped when we woke up to a rainy day.  In a way, it turned out for the best, since we don't have too many days when we just hang out together.

2.  Your wishes and kind words about the Phillies, who alas, did not win the World Series this year.  However, I think they did a great job, and if only everyone's mojo had kicked in at the same time, I think they could have won easily.  But this year, the Yankees were the winners, and though I do not like the Yankees, I am happy that at least someone I know, Melanie, had a chance to celebrate.  But watch out, 'cause we'll be right back there next year!

3.  All of your compliments on the [finally] completed Dotty.  Tim has not worn it yet - I think he might be waiting until his birthday on November 18 to show it off.  But he does like it, and since he is more of a vest-wearer than sweater-wearer, I think it will get a lot of use.

4.  Your sympathetic comments regarding the aforementioned 12-hour day, and my cyberwhine about it.  As promised, I did prevail, and after I get through the day tomorrow, I have Sunday off to relax.  I'm pretty sure I'll make it ... ;-)

However, I must sign off now, as it is time for pjs and a cup of tea.   Some things are just *that* important!

3 comments:

teabird said...

Ah yes, I did celebrate - for the first time in quite a few years. However, I did not gloat. Much.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I'm sure Tim will look fantastic in a pink Dotty - although I seem to remember it more an oatmeal color. Note to self: computer monitor might need adjusting.

Enjoy having a nice leisurely Sunday!

SissySees said...

Ouch! Hope that chin isn't too sore. Gretchen is NOT pleased with the cold turn at night either. She just refused to take her sweater off for a good 15 minutes after she came back in, and this morning, it was cold enough first thing that I need to find Sissy's cowl...