21 August 2011

Milestones

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my 600th post here on my blog, which was 5 years old yesterday!  Who'da thunk it?  Not me certainly!  When I started this blog, it was primarily because some of my knitting friends would get aggravated when I asked them what was new with their knitting, and they would say, "Well, if you would read my blog, you'd know."  So between that and the fact that I enjoyed swaps, which usually involved having a blog, The Ravell'd Sleave was born.  Since then, I've made many friends and from what I can tell, have many more readers than I could have imagined.  I still write as much for myself as anyone else, but it's also nice to know there are other people out there ...  Thanks to all of you for sticking around, and for even reading it in the first place.

Today would also have been sweet Tess' birthday, as well as the birthdays of both The Tim's father and mine.  We love and miss all of them, and ask you to send a kind thought out to the universe for all of them, and also hug someone special in your life.

In honor of these milestones, and the fact that I discovered that I have a total of nearly 4,600 comments, I'm having a giveaway.  There will be three prizes, and three chances to win. 

Third prize will be a pattern called Mabel's Scarf, by Larissa Brown.  This is a great pattern, and I have ended up with two copies somehow. 


Third prize will go to the 4,599th commenter.

Second prize is four skeins of this:


Classic Elite Montera, in a very pretty purple.  Enough for a hat, mittens, cowl, or incorporated into any other design. 

Second prize will go to the 4,601st commenter.

First prize is five skeins of Newport (DK weight), a yarn from the late, lamented Wool in the Woods.  It consists of 50% Rayon, 44%Cotton, and 6%Nylon, and has a lovely sheen to it. 


First prize goes to commenter #4600.

And if you were thinking you'd leave three comments in a row, don't.  Anyone who does is eliminated from the giveaway, because a) that's not fair, and b) no one does that regularly, so it would be a blatant ploy to win all three prizes.

So speak up, and take a chance - who knows, there may be other goodies in the packages as well ...

But mostly, thanks for being here for the last five years - I plan on staying around, so I hope you will too!

12 comments:

Quilting Mama said...

Wow - you've been sending humor, rants, and wonderful animals tales into cyberspace for 5 years!!! Never would have thought it was going on that long.
For me though it has been a wonderful addition to my world and I look forward to many many more postings.

Carol said...

Aw B, I'm so glad you've been blogging. I miss seeing you and I LERVE you. Okay, maybe I'm a leetle bit drunk. But I'd lerve you even if I were soberer.

sprite said...

Happy blogiversary! May there be many more!

craftivore said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Marie said...

Hi, Bridget. I've been enjoying your blog for a couple of years now. I'm glad I (sort of virtually) got to know you. (BTW, please don't put my name in the hat for your giveaway, although it all sounds yummy; I have more yarn than I can find places to hide it! (the floor of the spare bedroom is not a good storage spot)).

Anne said...

Congratulations on your 5th blogiversary! By the way, I love that scarf pattern! Somehow it completely skipped my radar.

Anonymous said...

I always read because your outlook is much like my own and makes me feel less isolated in my conservative hell. Plus, I like kitties, knitting, and Myrna Loy!

Michelle said...

I only found your blog about a year ago, but I do enjoy reading your thoughts and comments! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you've made me seriously thing that it's more than time for me to update my blog!

I love your writing, you book reviews, your cat tales, and your start turn with the BBC.

Here's to 600 more posts!

Brigitte said...

Oh, yay you Bridget! Congratulations!

I'll give my little dudes an extra special smooch in Tess' memory today.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations to you! I really enjoy your book reports, getting many titles to add to my evergrowing list of 'must read'. We don't know each other but enjoy hearing about what's going on in your world. Thanks.

Carrie#K said...

Happy Blogiversary!

And awwww. An extra smooch for my kitty for Tess and here's hoping all our Dads are celebrating your Dads b'days.