Here are my five for this week. (This time, with some pictures ...)
1. Getting to see a friend who moved away. For those of you who have been reading for while, you may remember the dear departed Doughboy, the dog who used to live next door that we called our part-time dog, since we took care of him a lot. Well, his family moved to Denver about two years ago, and we miss them. Ben (aka Doughboy's Dad) was in town early this week for a conference, and we got to spend a couple of hours with him one evening between his workshop sessions. It was so nice to see him, see pictures of the family, and catch up.
2. Gradually feeling better! There's still a way to go, but I'll take anything I can get. :-)
3. The Pittsburgh Pirates making it to the postseason. Growing up, the Pirates were my [almost] hometown team, and it was in the years of Willie Stargell and and Roberto Clemente, etc. - aka the glory days. As I've told people here, I do love my Phillies, but the Pirates will always be my first loves. The fact that they defeated the Cincinnati Reds to make it to the postseason is just icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned.
4. Receiving my half-share yarn CSA from Juniper Moon Farm, and opening the package to such sheepy goodness!
5. It's October! The month of our anniversary, and Halloween, and to me at least, the first of my favorite months of the year.
Feel free to let me know in the comments what's been good for you this week!