15 October 2013
Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is: 10 Things I Did Over the Weekend. Originally, I wasn't going to post for this week, since even though we had a long weekend, due to Columbus Day, I didn't get to spend it exactly like I wanted to. But the more I thought about it, the more I decided to think of the positive things I did this weekend that were fun or that made me happy, so here you go.
1. Ate pizza. The Tim made pizza for dinner on Friday night. His pizza is the best, and in a lot of ways has ruined "regular" pizza for me. But it's always a highlight, and was a good way to start this past weekend.
2. Went to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Fine Crafts Fair. The weather was perfect for walking around, and when this event was here in the spring, I was able to treat myself to a really pretty pair of fused glass earrings for only $10! The exhibitors really do truly "fine" work, and 99% is out of my price range and my tastes, but they have lovely things, and there are things a regular person can buy. This time I found a very pretty bracelet that actually stays on my wrist. (I have a small wrist, so often bracelets just fall right off.) I am hoping that when it comes around in the spring again, I'll have thought to save some money ahead of time ...
3. Purged my shoes and put those that are staying in the cleaned-up floor of my closet. Not that I have a ton of shoes, but I tend to keep even worn out ones or ones that don't fit, and end up throwing them in the bottom of my closet. I had bought a few new pairs on sale over the past couple of months, and decided that rather than throwing them in the pile, I'd clean the floor, sort and actually get rid of those I am no longer wearing, and only then put the keepers away. It looks so nice! (Now if I can only get the rest of the closet that nicely organized ...)
4. Took Dug the Doodle Dog to the puppy park in our neighborhood. We usually go on Saturday mornings, but between bad weather and me being sick, it had been about a month. Both of us had a good time, and I'm always in a good mood after being around playing dogs and - for the most part - friendly and happy owners.
5. Finished one book I was reading and started another.
6. Took myself out to lunch on Saturday, and had the BEST New England clam chowder I've ever tasted at Luke's Lobster. I was feeling sorry for myself, since I had to fast and prep for a colonoscopy** this morning for the latter part of the weekend, and Saturday was my last day to eat regularly. I had heard good things about Luke's Lobster, and when I saw that they had clam chowder, decided it would be just the treat I needed. I will admit to being picky about clam chowder, and now this is truly my favorite. I'll definitely go back - for that, and also to try some of the other stuff that everyone is talking about.
7. Worked my usual Sunday shift at Rosie's, with my friend Andrea. It's been a few weeks since I've been there, and it was nice to get back, and catch up, sell yarn, and knit!
8. Talked to my sister Nancy in California. We usually talk every weekend, but had missed each other the past couple of times. It was fun to catch up and hear about what she is up to. She retired last spring, and so far seems to be enjoying it very much, which I'm glad to hear. I always feel bad for people who retire and are then miserable.
9. Gave myself a manicure. I didn't paint my nails, but I got them filed so they stop catching on stuff, and cleaned up my cuticles, which I have a tendency to pick when I'm bored or nervous. I am always pleased when my hands look nice.
10. Laughed. Between The Tim, the animals, my sister, and some stupid stuff we watched that had been recorded over the past week, I had a lot of laughs. That was definitely a good thing!
**The colonoscopy. It's just part of what was wrong with the weekend. Ugh.