22 April 2014

I Don't Wanna ...

Where have I been?  Here, just not blogging.  I've had post topics in my head, but then didn't get around to writing anything.  Then when I would have time, I didn't feel like I wanted to do it.

As a matter of fact, recently my life has been a series of "I Don't Wanna" things.  I'm not sure why, as nothing awful has been happening, I haven't been sick, or any of the usual things that cause radio silence for me.  Work has been moderately unpleasant, but I am fortunate in that I really do leave it behind once I leave the building.  As a matter of fact, for Easter I took some extra time, and had a very lovely four-day weekend, never once thinking about whether or not I even had a job!

Lately, though, I Don't Wanna:

Read.  I have an interesting book, but I can't get myself to concentrate on it and enjoy reading it.

Knit.  I have lost interest in all of my current projects, and even think I may be read to frog one or two.

Clean up.  I don't mean clean everything to within an inch of its life, I mean it's killing me to move something from the coffee table to the recycle bin.

Think.  About anything much.

Cook or bake.  At all.

Spend time with anyone.  Even when I do, and have fun, I'm always glad when I'm on my own again.

Watch TV.  A lot of times, I can entertain myself by watching TV when I'm not in the mood for anything else.

Listen to music.  See above comment.

Move around.  I have *plans* to walk more, bicycle, exercise.  But I have not been able to motivate myself to do anything.

The worst part is, my mind wants to do everything - the rest of me just doesn't!

I am hoping that it is a temporary condition, like spring fever, or brief malaise, or even a serious attack of the lazies.  Even though it's only been about 10 days, it feels like forever.  And the weirdest thing is, I really do feel fine, and am not in a bad mood at all.

So for now, I guess existing will just have to do the trick.  But I know one thing for now - I Don't Wanna stay like this!

7 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That sounds like a frustrating state. Are you exhausted? Exhaustion could cause that kind of inertia. Or could work be bothering you more than you think?

I hope this passes soon!

KSD said...

You're not the first I've heard say these things. Spring seems to have descended unkindly on a lot of people.

RedSetter said...

I can sympathise entirely. I have been struggling with a painful knee that seems to get no better but aside from that my get up and go got up and went to find someone more interesting. The coffee table comment made me lol in recognition.

Kym said...

I get like that sometimes, too. Usually, I blame the weather ... Our long and endless winter really took the oomph right out of me! Hope you're back to your usual self soon! XO

Nancy said...

I get these doldrums, too, and have learned not to fight it. I concentrate on only one thing each day until it passes.

elns said...

Is it bad I laughed and smiled when I read this? You don't seem, unhappy, and quite frankly, I relate to this state quite a bit. I often find I feel this way when I am overwhelmed by various kinds of obligation. When I feel like I should be doing things, but really, I don't want to be bothered. I don't know, my sister says she feels this way when she is more tired than she realizes. Whatever, it's a moment, it's a phase for whatever reason. You do what you want that makes you happy. I'm cheering you on.

kathy b said...

YOu just need to recharge. Downtime is critical.
Enjoy it and go ahead and frog ..its springtime after all