No, it's not the opening of "Twilight Zone" (which was one of my favorite shows as a kid), and I know I seldom (ever?) post two days in a row, but this was one that I thought would be fun for April Fools Day.
Today, Carole wanted us to list 10 things about ourselves. Some are true, some are not. It's up to you to decide. Well, I love this kind of thing, and have been enjoying reading everyone's posts. So here is my list.
1. I am the youngest person in my family, and have two older sisters.
2. I am left-handed.
3. I was once kissed by Willard Scott (and it wasn't even my 100th birthday).
4. My belly button is fake.
5. I have - on more than one occasion - won a "Mr. Ed" sound-alike sing-off.
6. I didn't graduate from high school, but I do have a master's degree.
7. I have been to tea at the White House twice.
8. One of my brothers-in-law wrote a musical based on the life of philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, which was actually performed one time. I have the CD of the soundtrack.
9. As a kid, I had a green and yellow parakeet named Tony Tetrazzini.
10. People always think my name is Gretchen. My college advisor called me by that name for four years.
What do you think?
May any pranks played on you today be only fun ones. :-)