31 March 2014

Let's Review, Shall We?

I don't know about you, but I'm surprised that it's the last day of March.  I don't know why, specifically, because it's not like it's lasted longer than any other Marches have ... anyway.

Remember this post, where I outlined my goals for March?  I set that list with a certain degree of enthusiasm, and was feeling very confident that I could check things off as the month went along.  Now it's time to review, and I am dismayed to report that the only one of those goals I achieved was enjoying what the month had to offer - my birthday, St. Patrick's Day, St. Joseph's Day zeppoles, a long weekend in Rehoboth Beach, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it all happened that way - but REALLY?

I didn't even come close on any of the other goals - and I have no idea what I was doing instead, which is the real killer.  So I will give it all another try for April:

1.  Get back to more regular exercise.  I signed myself up for a special program at my gym that starts next week, and especially since it required prepayment, I'm likely to actually go!

2.  My Agnes sweater was completely ignored during March, so I would like to get it well underway (and in a perfect world, finished) during April.  I am stating now that if I end up ignoring it all of April, I'm putting it aside until the fall.

3.  Clean out a closet, and get rid of things that can't be repaired and donate things no longer worn.

4.  Make/fix something using my sewing machine.  I have hand-sewing repair to make, but I need to clean up the junk piled on top of the machine, and actually use it!

I thought about adding another goal, as I like the idea of five things for the month.  But until I can get at least one more thing off the list above, I'll stick with this group of repeats.

So, farewell, March - thanks for the fun things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the first quarter of the year is DONE! YIKES! This year is flying by.

Kym said...

It's good to have goals. It's also good to be flexible about them! Here's to a productive April!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- I was reading somewhere that the reason time seems to go faster as we age, is that we tend to stick to routines, rather than change things up.

But I think all your goals listed are doable, so onward and upward.

Nancy said...

Setting monthly goals is a good idea.

I did manage to complete three old projects in March so I am happy about that goal.