I had a long weekend because of the Columbus Day holiday here in the U.S. (Which I know is controversial, but it was a long weekend, so I was happy.) For a change, it actually felt like a nice long weekend, mainly because I didn't make myself spend every minute trying to do everything. So this week's Ten on Tuesday topic seemed worth addressing:
10 Things I Did This Weekend
1. Friday night, we tried pizza from a place that has been consistently listed as the Best Vegan Pizza in Philadelphia. Though we are not vegans, we wanted to try it. (We may have also ordered a Vegan Philly Cheesesteak and an order of Vegan Buffalo Wings to try.) I was skeptical, since I am generally not a fan of vegan cheese, but I have to say that all of it was amazing and some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted! And we have leftover pizza for lunch this week, which is a plus.
2. Got my hair cut. I tried a new place, and though I'll see over the next week as I get more and more used to it, I think I have found a stylist that I can stick with ... at least for a few more tries. :-)
3. Caught up on some TV shows we had recorded.
4. Watched the Notre Dame vs. Navy game, and was pleased with the outcome. Actually, I like Navy, so even if they had won, I would live. I just like ND better ...
5. Took a leisurely bubble bath on Saturday night. I used to do this regularly, but started to feel guilty about the amount of water used. So now it's a special treat, and I really enjoyed it.
6. Met up with a new neighbor for coffee. I signed up for a thing called Nextdoor, which is an online site that is sorta like social media for your neighborhood. A woman posted a question that I answered and it turns out she just moved here and lives two blocks away. So we decided to meet for coffee. I am happy to report that she is not a serial killer, she likes reading, cooking, and cats, and wants to get back in to knitting. This is such an unlikely thing for me to do, but fortunately it worked out.
7. Went to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Fine Crafts Fair. I love this event. It's each May and October for a weekend, and the stuff is amazing. I always save up some cash to treat myself. This year I bought a pair of earrings, which I am wearing today.
8. Did a huge purge of my closet. That felt good.
9. Drank wine. That always feels good.
10. Yesterday, to finish off the weekend on a particularly high note, I made batch of granola from a recipe by Clara Parkes - yes, she if the Knitters Review and several books fame. This is the second batch I have made in the past few weeks - even The Tim likes it, so it's worth the time, effort, and ingredients.
Of course, I also did things like laundry, some cleaning up, paid bills, etc. But I do those every weekend (much like #9 on my list ... which come to think of it, I do every day. But I digress ...).
The good news is, this is a short week as a result of the long weekend, and next weekend we are spending the weekend with my niece and her husband at their beach house at Rehoboth Beach. So I even have something else fun to anticipate!
Have a good week yourselves!