28 January 2016

Hats

Hello on Thursday!  I didn't make it posting earlier in the week, but here I am now.  I am feeling much better than I had been, so that's good.  It turned out to be a combination of general ick and exhaustion.  Over the past couple of weeks I had a couple of those nights where for whatever reason I could not sleep.  And I ended up being up for most of the night, and then not "catching up" on my sleep the next day, so I think I was just plain old worn out.  Then the week at work has been full of drama, thanks to a particular co-worker who is pulling some of her diva moves.  So I am glad to be feeling better, as well as happy that the work week is nearly over.

But anyway, I'm here to talk about hats.  I love hats.  Hat hair, not so much, but when it is really cold, I am more about warmth than wonderful looking hair, so I wear hats a lot of time during the winter.  One of my plans for the coming year is to make quite a few hats.  I want to make three versions of the Turn A Square hat for Christmas gifts for nieces' husbands.  I figure if I don't try to do them all at once, I won't get sick of the pattern.  I've made a couple for The Tim over the years, and he likes them.  Plus, one of the husbands has actually complimented him on his, and said, "Wow, I'd love a hat like that," and since it was the husband I thought was least likely to wear a hat at all, that clinched it!  If you haven't tried the pattern you should - it's very simple, and the results are so nice.

Then I have plans for four basic hats as part of the Harry's Hundred Project.  I want to do basic ones right now, so that I actually get them done, you know?  I have the yarn, and plan to get started this weekend.


As you can see, Jetsam is all about quality control ... :-)

And then, a hat for myself.  I keep seeing the Baa-ble Hats that everyone has made, and I just love them!  I've seen some in person, and decided I just need to join the crowd and make one for myself.


I am still deciding whether the little sheepies will be gray with white faces or white with gray faces.  Also, will they be in a corn field (yellow) under a blue sky?  Or will they be in Kentucky bluegrass under a sunny sky?  Just making these involved decisions could take much longer than actually knitting the hats ... 

Of course, there are many other hats that I would love to knit, but right now, these are at the top of the list.  

What about you?  Do you wear or knit hats?  Do you take a ridiculously long time to make basic decisions about color combos?  

8 comments:

Vera said...

Glad you are feeling better! Easy to get exhausted these days and drama at work doesn't help (trust me, I do know about that - lol).

I just made a basic slouch (though it ended up being smaller and not slouchy) hat out of alpaca yarn that I loved...and my son walked out with it on. So, I just started the Baa-ble hat for myself (I figure he is less like to go after something with sheep on it). The best part is I'm using all stash yarn. Only ten rows in on the ribbing in a dark eggplant color which I'm loving. I think the top may be a dark green...not sure about grey or white for the sheep. I've never been one for hats in the past, but now I love them.

Araignee said...

I love that sheepie hat! I have every intention of making one someday.

Linda said...

I do love hats - of all kinds - knitted and non-knitted! I've made some over the years - for me and for gifts. Like you - I don't like the hat hair - LOL!

Linda in VA

Anonymous said...

I do not wear hats --- not usually cold enough here to warrant a wool hat. I do sometimes wear a baseball cap, but that's not what the subject really was about now was it. LOL

I love the colors you chose for your Baa-ble hat.

I usually make my own color decisions pretty quickly.

Lorraine said...

Bridget- The Baable hat is alot of fun. I wear them when I don't want to feeze my ears off.

Kym said...

So glad you're feeling better! That Babble hat was EVERYwhere at Rhinebeck last fall! I've never seen so many versions of one hat ever. It was wonderful. Can't wait to see yours when you're finished.

Claudia Bugh said...

Glad you are feeling better and it's nothing serious. I've never knit the Turn a Square hat but I've admired it, does that count? lol That's so cool that Tim is receiving compliments on his hat - kudos to you :)

KSD said...

Yes to all your parting questions. The colors you've chosen for yours are striking; either choice for sky will be pretty.

Did Jetsam finally let that one cake pass?