22 February 2016

Let's Just Start Again

Ugh.  These past few weeks have just been awful.  Fortunately, I'm still here, but I just have had a really bad time of things lately.  My work has  become pretty unbearable.  They have recently increased our hours, and though that does mean more money, it's not really a raise because our hours are increased.  I am now making $10 less an hour than I did.  Which would be different if I liked where I worked, but it's just made everything worse. I've felt just stuck and not really able to do much of anything once I get home.

Enough of that though.  Fortunately, we had planned a bit ago to go to Baltimore this past weekend and visit one niece and her husband, and also get to see another niece and her family.  After a few weekends in a row when the weather was just terrible, this weekend the weather was lovely!

This guy went with us, and had a great time!


We got to see my niece Amanda's kitties. They are both black kitties, named Clancy and Yuri.  Unfortunately, they are not impressed with Dug ...


This is Clancy - she is extremely talkative!  Yuri is very shy.

On Saturday, we got to go to my great-nephew Zach's basketball tournament game.


Here he is after taking a shot in the warm-up.  It was a good game, but they lost in the last 9 seconds by one point.  There is another game on Wednesday night, and if they lose, they are out of the whole thing.  If they win, they play in the finals on this coming Saturday.  It's amazing the variations in height among fourth graders.  :-)

And then later in the day on Saturday, we took a walk in my niece's neighborhood, and visited a [new to me] yarn store there, That's the Point.  It's a lovely little shop the sells yarn and also needlework materials.  I didn't spend much time there, since everyone else was waiting for me outside, but I did buy a skein of yarn produced from a local alpaca farm.  I figured I wouldn't be seeing that anywhere else.

We made our way back to Philadelphia yesterday after brunch, and spent the day catching up with laundry, etc.  I had taken today off work (thank God!), so it's been a lovely day at home.  I treated myself to a manicure, and signed up for the Loop bus to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in May.  I'm so glad that they decided to take a bus, now that Rosie's is gone!  I've missed going the last couple of years, so I'm really looking forward to it.

So that's the news from here.  I'm going to try to post more regularly, because I do enjoy it, and it helps me keep some perspective.  I have a couple of things to show you, and some other updates on some things.

Have a great week, and thanks for sticking around!

7 comments:

sprite said...

Ugh! I'm sorry work has been worse of late. I hope things change again, but for the better, in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that work sucks so bad. :-( It's hard to work up any energy when your job is such a mess.

But, glad that you had a good visit to Maryland. Poor Dug. The kitties just weren't being very hospitable.

KSD said...

MEH on the work stuff. You're a TV star now!

Vera said...

Yuck on the work front. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully things improve...and soon. You certainly picked a great weekend to head down to Baltimore!

Lorraine said...

Bridget- That is crummy about your work. But you're going to MDSW- Yip!!!

Mereknits said...

That is the pits about work, but you had a good weekend to re-group and that is so important.

Hugs to you,
Meredith

elns said...

Get out of my head! I'm coming out of a similar week of trying to focus on the positive with the work thing. Your situation sounds more difficult, but honestly, there are days when the positive thing I have to focus on is something as banal as "great benefits" but I do have some nice people too. Anyhow, the point is, I feel for you and I'm cheering you on. I too had Monday off and got a manicure. Good stuff, lady! :)

I showed the pictures of your animals from IG to my son and we both loved how the cats look unbelievably proper. We love cats and their distinguishable looks.

Wishing you a fantastic week!