While I wait for the photo editor to start working again so I can share vacation pictures (The Tim is on it), I decided to participate in this week's Ten on Tuesday. Carole wants us to list two sets of five things:
The 5 Best Things You Did This Summer
The 5 Things I You Are Looking Forward to Doing This Fall
This summer sucked big time, for a number of reasons. But I need to make myself remember some highlights and here they are.
1. Spent the day in Annapolis. It's one of our fave places, and we had a great time.
2. Went to the Barnes Foundation for the first time. Amazing.
3. Had a great visit with friends from WV, who we hadn't had a chance to spend time with for a while.
4. Fixed up the garden, though the horrible heat and humidity kept us from enjoying it very much. We got to sit out there once! But still, I'd been wanting to get it fixed up, and I did.
5. Our New England trip last week. I have to tell you, it saved the summer for us.
Looking towards the fall, here are things I'm hoping will happen and be fun.
1. Enjoying being out in the garden! Cooler weather should mean we can enjoy sitting out there and relaxing.
2. Going to Rehoboth Beach for a weekend in October and staying with my niece Amanda and her husband Pat at his family's wonderful little beach house.
3. Trying baked beans from scratch in the crockpot.
4. Being able to enjoy taking walks and riding my bicycle.
5. The weather! Nice enough to cuddle with the kitties, drink tea, wear and make knits, and overall be cozy.
I for one cannot wait until it's not only officially fall, but for when it *feels* like fall! :-)