23 September 2016

July and August Harry's Hundred Update

First of all, thanks to all of you for your supportive comments on the previous post.  I feel better knowing that I was not just being oversensitive.  Granted, it's not like I can do anything much about the way I feel, but sometimes you just want others to weigh in, you know?

Anyway, on to other things of a more positive nature.  :-)

I completely flaked out and forgot to do a Harry's Hundred update for both July and August.  And when I did think of it, I would be at work, or on vacation, or ready to fall asleep - times when I did not have easy access to either my computer or the pictures.  So let's do it now, while everything is ready to go!

I don't have pictures, because she forgot to take any before sending them off, but Dee knitted two hats for Harry's Hundred, and they have likely been received by now, and will happily warm heads once the cold weather actually hits.

During July, I knit this pair of fingerless mitts (Ravelry link here).


These were fast and easy to knit, and you end up with a really nice pair of mitts.  The pattern is very straightforward, and I can see many of these in the future, both for this project as well as for gifts, etc.

August brought these items into the overall count:


First up, this hat made by frogstitch, which looks so cozy, I wouldn't mind having it for myself!


Then, the ever-reliable GringaTurista made these mittens, which she calls "Mitten Pox Are Contagious," which completely cracks me up!

Finally, another effort of mine, which I call the Seedy Stockinette Hat (Ravelry link here).  When I made this, I made it so that the brim is extra warm around the ears, by knitting an extra long brim that is then folded inside.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.



Thanks to every single person who has been nice enough to work on projects and let me know about them.  We are getting a nice variety of things, and it makes me happy to think of how many people will have something nice and/or warm this winter as a result.

Here's our latest tally:

Goal:  100 items
Tally so far:  42

Almost halfway there - and even if we don't hit our goal, at this point there will be 42 warmer, cozier, and hopefully somewhat happier wearers of our work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. It's not the numbers that matter, it's that someone needing warmth will have it.

It's the same with the end date. Even if I make something past the ending date of Harry's Hundred, I'll be thinking about Harry as I donate the items.

Araignee said...

I agree with Dee. I've got the donating bug now and will keep on going in his memory even after the year is up.

kathy b said...

I love Harry's hundered. I need to send you more! I have more. Just need to unpack it.

Lydia said...

This is a project I could get behind!