Well, OK technically Fall doesn't begin for another couple of hours, but - details, details.
What a week. I mean, WHAT. A. WEEK.
I really really really had to think to come up with five things that made me happy in the last week. But I found them, and here they are.
1. Vegetarian sloppy joes. The Tim made some the other day for dinner, and they were sooooo yummy! And it's kinda funny, because when I used to eat meat, I wasn't really that crazy about sloppy joes, because the ones I had always seemed kind of greasy. But these were most excellent.
2. Talking to a friend I haven't seen for a while for a nice long time. Last weekend, I had a phone conversation for a bit more than an hour with a friend who I haven't really had a chance to talk to for any length of time for about 4 years. We e-mail back and forth, but nothing too involved. It was fun and so nice to talk to someone who "gets" things that no one else does. And that's a lot coming from me - someone who HATES to talk on the phone for the most part!
3. Taking a colleague out for a belated birthday lunch. One of the scientists who works where I do had his birthday at the beginning of September. Every year at my birthday time, I inform him that he is taking me out to lunch. To his credit, he always does. So I took him out for lunch yesterday, and we had a good time.
4. Weird but amusing dreams. I've had a few dreams this week that were even stranger than usual, but what I could remember from them was really funny. I woke up laughing twice, because somehow even as the dream was occurring, I knew it was ridiculous.
5. The show "Difficult People." I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we watched the episode for this week last night, and there was a particular part of it that made me laugh so hard, I could barely breathe. Even The Tim was gasping. So stupid and so funny.
I hope you've found some good things this week. Everyone needs to find at least one, right?
We do not have any specific or elaborate plans for this weekend. The weather is going to be stupidly hot and humid, so I sincerely doubt there will be any activities that require spending any amount of time outdoors. Does that mean I have to clean the house???!!!
Have a good one. Happy First Day of Fall! And if you are lucky enough to be enjoying fall-like weather, enjoy some for me too. :-)