22 September 2017

Five Favorites for this Fall Friday

Well, OK technically Fall doesn't begin for another couple of hours, but - details, details.

What a week.  I mean, WHAT. A. WEEK.

I really really really had to think to come up with five things that made me happy in the last week.  But I found them, and here they are.

1.  Vegetarian sloppy joes.  The Tim made some the other day for dinner, and they were sooooo yummy!  And it's kinda funny, because when I used to eat meat, I wasn't really that crazy about sloppy joes, because the ones I had always seemed kind of greasy.  But these were most excellent.

2.  Talking to a friend I haven't seen for a while for a nice long time.  Last weekend, I had a phone conversation for a bit more than an hour with a friend who I haven't really had a chance to talk to for any length of time for about 4 years.  We e-mail back and forth, but nothing too involved.  It was fun and so nice to talk to someone who "gets" things that no one else does.  And that's a lot coming from me - someone who HATES to talk on the phone for the most part!

3.  Taking a colleague out for a belated birthday lunch.  One of the scientists who works where I do had his birthday at the beginning of September.  Every year at my birthday time, I inform him that he is taking me out to lunch.  To his credit, he always does.  So I took him out for lunch yesterday, and we had a good time.

4.  Weird but amusing dreams.  I've had a few dreams this week that were even stranger than usual, but what I could remember from them was really funny.  I woke up laughing twice, because somehow even as the dream was occurring, I knew it was ridiculous.

5.  The show "Difficult People."  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we watched the episode for this week last night, and there was a particular part of it that made me laugh so hard, I could barely breathe.  Even The Tim was gasping.  So stupid and so funny.

I hope you've found some good things this week.  Everyone needs to find at least one, right?

We do not have any specific or elaborate plans for this weekend.  The weather is going to be stupidly hot and humid, so I sincerely doubt there will be any activities that require spending any amount of time outdoors.  Does that mean I have to clean the house???!!!

Have a good one.  Happy First Day of Fall!  And if you are lucky enough to be enjoying fall-like weather, enjoy some for me too.  :-)

12 comments:

Vera said...

Happy Fall Bridget and Happy Weekend!! What was in the vegetarian sloppy joes? Some kind of beans - like black beans? Sounds delish. Sunday is Fletcher's birthday so I took Monday and Tuesday off - woo-hoo!! It will be stupidly hot, but at least I won't be at work.

Tired Teacher said...

Fall arrived with a cold front - rain today and possible snow this weekend. It hard to wrap my head around the white stuff already. I'd prefer a long Fall with crisp temperatures and trees turning gorgeous colors.

I haven't had a good laugh in a loooong time. I need to watch a good comedy.

Anonymous said...

Ugh ........you've got Florida weather!!!!

Araignee said...

I'm off to a fiber fest this morning in this awful heat. Ugh.
Veggie sloppy joes? I am very interested. Recipe?

kathy b said...

It is super hot, but i don't mind too much. I know it will end abruptly. I need more flannel shirts so......
Cubs game are dominating the TV watching. I love baseball so it is all good.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Veggie sloppy joes sound yummy....recipe please? :-) Oh and those hard laughs are the best...aren't they?! I just love uncontrollable laughter!

Caffeine Girl said...

Good for you for braving the phone call. Like you , I am not a phone person. But I have a list of far-away friends I really need to call.

Bonny said...

You really excel at thinking of good things, even during times when they might be near impossible to find. Thanks for reminding me and setting such a good example; I hope you begin to be surrounded by good things so they aren't so hard to think of.

Judy S. said...

Definitely feels like fall here! We spent much of the day with the GK and walked to the Farmer's Market and then watched them expend some energy on the park playground. I was actually wearing a jacket!

Lifesastitch said...

Waking up laughing, that's a good concept, considering the alternatives.

Nance said...

Oh, how delightful, to wake up laughing! I'm going through awakening with hiccups almost every night, like in the wee hours, and it's horrid. I vastly prefer your way of doing things.

Let's hurry up and get on to Fall Weather. 90s here at least until Thursday. Ugh.

karen said...

we love difficult people, it is extremely filthy though :) I laugh at every single episode, makes me happy. I hope that the weather cools off soon, we went to our local fair last night - 93 degrees! Crazy.