24 May 2018

Just a Quick Check-In

We have reached that time of year when everyone except me will start to wax poetic about summer, even though technically it is still spring.  But Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer, at least here in the U.S., and the weather forecast is calling for temperatures of and above 80 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend, so what do I know??

I came across a couple of links recently, and thought maybe you might be interested in them too.

Have you ever seen a production of the musical "Carousel"?  There's currently a production on Broadway, and this article is about the woman who knit sweaters for it!

Have you ever thought you looked really nice, or had it all  put together, and then suddenly you see a recent photo of yourself, or see yourself in a window, and suddenly you feel like you look horrible?  I know it's happened to me recently, and it threw me for a loop, to be honest.  Well, Sue had the same thing happen to her, and she writes about much better than I'd be able to.  Reading her blog post made me say, "Yep, that's right!"  I like her phrase "Curating Confidence" - we all need to do that more often.

Other than that, I don't have a lot to report at the moment.  We are heading to WV on Friday morning for a long weekend visit with family and friends.  I'm looking forward to it, though I always miss the kit kats when we are away.  But we'll be home with them on Monday, and can have our own little holiday picnic.

I hope whatever plans you have work out, and that you have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day long weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heading over to read Sue's blog posting tout de suite.

I ALWAYS am surprised how fat I am.

Bonny said...

Safe travels, have fun in WV, and enjoy a big, happy reunion with the kitties. (It's all Not Work, so just that makes it good.)

Sandra said...

Every time I catch a glimpse of myself I am horrified. Below the neck is fine, but above the neck the sags and wrinkles are awful. The "joys" of aging.

Araignee said...

I just did that myself. I thought I looked so cute in my little summer sundress and when I saw my reflection in the front door glass I was horrified at what a squat little frump I have become. Oh, well... I told myself it was my turn to be one of the little old ladies of the world and I better get over it-or give up cake. Not happening.

AsKatKnits said...

Have a great weekend! And, thanks for those links!

pam said...

I'm always surprised when I take off my glasses and see how old I really look!

kathy b said...

I will read the confidence article!!!! Life in Wisconsin is way more casual than live in chicago ever was. I love that .
Have a safe weekend. I miss my kitties too when we travel a bit