21 June 2018

Current Things

Hello all, from vacationland (otherwise known as my house)!  It's been a good week so far, and I've got a lot left, so I have no reason at the moment to think that the rest won't be as good or maybe even better.


Today is Three on Thursday day, so I thought I'd share Three Things I've Decided During My Vacation:

1.  I have decided what one of my next knitting projects will be (socks don't count, they are always happening one way or another): The FLOTUS Shawl.  I  didn't know this pattern even existed until yesterday when I visited Loop to pick up some stitch stoppers (these, for those who may be interested).  They had a sample of this pattern knit, and it was just so pretty and so happy-looking!  They had done it in rainbow colors, so it looked really summery.  I have a LOT of variegated sock yarn in my stash, so I'd only need to buy a few minis that I liked to go with it, and voila!

2.  I have devised a plan for a Christmas in July giveaway on my blog.  Details will be forthcoming, so stay tuned for that.

3.  This one is kinda dumb, but nonetheless, for me it's a big thing.  A little bit of background: I like to wear skirts and dresses some of the time to work.  In the winter, I wear tights with them, because I like tights and they also are warm in non-extreme cold.  I have always hesitated to wear dresses and skirts in the summer, unless they were past my knee though.  Mainly because my knees have been through a lot!  But I was always self-conscious anyway, because, well, my legs have been through a lot too!  So I would usually stick to pants or capris.  But I have decided that SCREW THAT, I'm gonna wear dresses and skirts when I want to in the summer.  I'm going to learn to not care that I don't have perfect legs, or worry what other people may think.  I have several thoughts related to this:  a) overall, I'm pretty happy with myself, and so I should wear what I like, even if my legs are beat up and not tan at all, b) other people look a lot worse on a regular basis (a shallow and judgmental reason, but true nonetheless, and c)  I will be wearing regular clothes - not micro-minis or midriff tops, etc., so if anyone would complain I will point them Reason B.

I'm such a rebel.


Not.  ;-)

I hope you are all having a lovely week as well.

11 comments:

sprite said...

Good on you for #3! Personally, I think most people are so worried about their own perceived shortcomings that they aren't busy looking for the ones you're worried about. I, for instance, have never given any thought to what someone else's legs look like under their dress. (I mean unless they're amazing. I would probably notice Tina Turner's legs. Or a major league soccer player's.) Be happy!

Araignee said...

I only wear dresses in the summer and my legs are as white as a ghost. I can't even remember the last time I shaved my legs. Maybe Daughter's wedding? 7 years ago....lol.

Anonymous said...

#3 ----------Go for it!!!

We have the body we have .........love it, or don't look. That's MY philosophy.

Have a wonderful week off.

Caffeine Girl said...

You go, girl! Definitely wear what you want! I can't imagine summer without my skirts and dresses. And my legs are far from perfect.
The Flotus Shawl looks like a really fun knit. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!!!
I have had bilateral knee replacements and my knees look pretty rough, but I LOVE my new knees even if they are a little ugly :)

someone who had heart incident and a scar told me - wear those scars with pride!!

take care and have a lovely summer with your flowing dresses and skirts.

Tired Teacher said...

Good for you! Wear all the dresses and skirts that you want to wear. My legs are ghostly white and large, and I wear skirts and dresses because they are comfortable.

AsKatKnits said...

Rebellion is good for the soul! Go you!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I will have to post a pic of my knees for you one day. I was and still am the Queen of the Skinned Knee, and mine are in terrible shape. But I don't care - they'll have to rip my dresses from my cold, dead body before I stop wearing them! ALL YEAR LONG!

Vera said...

Great post Bridget! Go for it. My legs are very white and pretty unattractive, but I'm wearing dresses and skirts this summer. They are much cooler and more comfortable than pants which it is stinkin' hot outside. I have those stitch stoppers and love them! And, the shawl looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see yours!

kathy b said...

Ohhhh Contest. Love that! I have always hated my legs. Now. I just wear what I want. Shorts are a no. But I have a jean jumper on today. :) Fireman would like me to quit wearing it constantly!! hahaha. Not a chance! I love it

Mereknits said...

I have felt that way about my legs for sometime. My mom had wobbly legs and wobbly knees and I seem to have inherited them, but this year I decided to screw it and wear shorts and skirts, really is anyone really looking at them?