06 June 2018

Reading But Not a Lot of Knitting

I will admit that I have been distracted in pretty much every aspect of my life lately.  I'm not sure why, but this does happen to me regularly, and some things suffer more than others, though it is not necessarily always the same.  

This time around, my knitting is the main victim.  I have *been* knitting, but not in any real consistent way, or with exciting results.  Over the past couple of weeks, I have managed to finish one sock of a pair, which is a good thing.  Usually, I can't wait to cast on the mate and get moving - second socks tend to take much less time for me to knit.  But I haven't even picked up the project bag, much less cast on any more stitches.

I also did cast on and start knitting my Edie top, and made some real progress.  I do want to make it, and knitting with linen has not really been an issue for me.  But it hasn't gotten much attention in the past few days, either.

I just have to wait it out and hope it won't be too long!  I want to knit, but I don't - do you know what I mean?

My reading has been doing a bit better, though in my distracted state, I am only interested in "non-serious" books.  I started this book on Monday, and have been enjoying it so far.


I'm reading it on my Nook, during lunch hour every day, so it's taking longer than it would otherwise, but I'm sure I'll finish it by the end of the weekend it not sooner.  It's the second book of a series, and I enjoyed the first one, though I read it long enough ago that it took me a few minutes to remember the main characters and their stories.

Other than that, we've had lovely days and cool evenings so far this week, and that is a real mood booster for me.

What are you up to?  To see what others are doing (or in my case, not doing!), check out the other participants' posts for Unraveled Wednesday.

*****

I apologize by the way, for not responding to comments.  As I'm sure you have read, Blogger seems to be having issues right now, e-mailing comments so I can respond, and I tend to forget to note who is saying what when I read them.  I tried commenting on my own posts, but have received nothing.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but in any case, while being so distracted, my attention to that detail will likely not improve any time soon.  Please know that I do value your comments, and will do my best to get back on track with things.

12 comments:

Kym said...

My knitting often goes through "dry spells" --- and that's okay. We're not knitting machines, after all. Life is full of so many other things to do and think about! XOXO

Anonymous said...

If you leave a comment on your own blog and then tick the "notify me" tab, you should start receiving the comments in email again.

karen said...

maybe your comments page has to be 'imbedded' so you can get the notifications. I wish blogger would fix it soon - it's a bit nutty. I love my kindle and I read it on the treadmill, I love that multitasking feeling.

kathy b said...

Im kind of in the mood for poetry. !!! Dont worry about the comments. Happy to know you are reading posts !!!

Vera said...

As Kym says, we are not knitting machines. No contests here. Just enjoy what you enjoy at the moment and let the other things drift to the side. When the time is right, they'll be there to pick up again.

Patty said...

I completely understand the distraction thing...and the not knowing the real cause! Every page and stitch are progress!

Araignee said...

I am in a dry spell for everything these days. I am blaming all that terrible weather. It's beautiful today but now I feel just plain old lazy. I just want to sip tea and stare into space.

Kwizgiver said...

Thanks for introducing me to a new series! :) Hope you're through your dry spell soon.

Caffeine Girl said...

I think there is no wrong knitting. You can be as distracted or as focused as you feel like being!

AsKatKnits said...

I think you should not worry at all about comments. And, yes... thank you for the heads up about a new to me series!

Nance said...

Blogger is giving everyone fits. If they're not careful, they'll lose a lot of people to Word Press. Hmmm...maybe that's their plan?

I'm having to stop knitting for a time now, having aggravated my neck/shoulder inflammation (cervical myofasciitis). It's driving me crazy. Glad you can at least read to pass your free time.

KSD said...

Distraction here, too. . . Sorry, what was I saying?