22 January 2021

So Much Good and Happy

Well.  The inauguration was more than pleasing to me, and the fact that it seemed to go off without any hitches visible to the average person seems even more impressive.  Most pleasantly of all to me was the skipping of inaugural balls, and I know it was mainly due to the pandemic, but I find them discordant and somewhat offensive even in the best of times.

In any case, I enjoyed the day and evening and truly felt like a weight had been lifted.  Not that I think Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are perfect people, but because I believe they are good people who truly do think of others.  So I'm only hoping that things can improve and move forward as much as they did on Wednesday.

Plus, we had champagne and a cheeseball to celebrate, so it really felt special. 😊

The completely shallow part of me also enjoyed looking at what everyone wore, and how they looked, and their interactions with each other.  And in that way, no one was a disappointment, at least in my opinion.  People watching is one of my favorite things to do, and it's even more enjoyable on a cold day when you can do it from the comfort of cozy clothes on the couch.

I have also been enjoying all of the Bernie memes.  A lot of people think they are terrible and mean, but I think they are not mean-spirited at all, just having fun.  Let's face it, Bernie Sanders makes a point of how simply he lives and how frugal he is, etc., so the fact that he wore what was probably one of the warmest coats of anyone with hand-knitted mittens was a perfect example of the Bernie look.  

My favorite one is this one - this is me, even on my very best day, and it made me laugh out loud!


I'm looking forward to a weekend without having to hear from, or think about a certain person or any member of his family.  As I said when Joe Biden was officially sworn in, just like that, every American lost 260 pounds and started to feel healthier!

Have a good weekend - I hope you can be cozy and content.

11 comments:

Araignee said...

I love those Bernie memes. My DIL made one out of Bernie and our new Grand who was also all wrapped up to go out for his first doctor's appointment yesterday and sent it to me. I got a big laugh out of it.

Dee said...

I have gotten SUCH a kick out of the Bernie memes. I think MY favorite was "this could have been an email".

My nephew-doggie even got in on it. Check on ChaseTheMinidood on Instagram to see his take on the Bernie Memes.

karen said...

the Bernie memes are going strong, they just won't stop and I love it! The inauguration was fantastic and I feel a weight lifted!

AsKatKnits said...

Those Bernie memes... Franklin Habit put him in his doll house, I died. lol

(it was a glorious day for the people of the United States of America!)

Martha said...

You have to love Bernie. I have been enjoying all the memes going around too. I don't think it's mean at all, it's adorable. What you said at the end - I'm totally with you on that!

Nance said...

"when Joe Biden was officially sworn in, just like that, every American lost 260 pounds and started to feel healthier!"

This.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I dont think the Bernie memes are making fun of him, I think they are celebrating him!

I love the creme coat Dr. Biden wore. Apparently the flowers on it are all the state flowers. Just beautiful!

KSD said...

Let me jump in the Shallow End with you. MICHELLE SLAYED. Amanda Gorman's sequined mask? STOP IT.

Mereknits said...

The whole day was so amazing. Poems, songs, poignant speeches, moments of crying, moments of Joy. And as for Bernie, I heard him interviewed about being a meme sensation and he laughed about it! It was good fun to hear him. The people in charge aren't perfect, no one is but they are decent and honest, so much of that has been missing. Stay safe.

steph said...

There's no getting around it...you have to love Bernie. He is who he is and doesn't try to ever be anyone else. And I can't wait to make those mittens..not because I love them, but just because!

Helen said...

I also have been enjoying the Bernie memes. I don't think they are mean and some of them are so clever. I can't think of a single meme they haven't fitted him into. And he was warm so there. Everyone exhaled at once, didn't we. Now for Joe and Kamala to deliver and give a certain portion of our country nothing to work against.