15 September 2023

Enough Light!

Last week, I started working on this stitching project:


And I have to tell you, doing the black thread on the black background was to say the least, a challenge! But I really want to make this project, and this is about the third of the black-on-black part of it, so I'm hoping to get another good chunk done today, because guess what? It's sunny and bright here, so I'll actually have enough light to see what the heck I'm doing - hooray! It's a Halloween ornament, so I would really like to get it done for the holiday this year. Fingers crossed.

How are things where you are? Today like I said is bright and sunny, and so pleasant and cool - just the way I like it to be, especially after last week was so hot and humid. Maybe fall is really thinking about showing up. I mean, next week *is* the last week of summer, so I'm more than ready. I've even been thinking of putting together some kind of soup for dinner. I love improvising with what we have, and I can walk to the market around the corner and get some nice crusty bread to have with it.

Since I worked for someone yesterday, they are taking my shift on Sunday, which means I have the entire weekend off. With no specific plans, except for Sunday morning when The Tim said that we should go out for brunch - you don't have to twist my arm, I love to go to brunch. I have things I'm hoping to do, but nothing absolutely necessary, and nothing time-sensitive, so I'm just going to see what I feel like each day and go from there. Such a luxury!

Today is laundry, and I'm currently waiting for the workers to come and put the final seal on our repaired chimney. I got my hair cut earlier, so once the chimney work is complete, I think I'll take a walk in the nice weather. It's so nice to have the windows open and not feel sweaty.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photo of Alfie and Esme that I posted. They truly seem to have a special bond, and it's fun to see them together. Alfie is such a goofy weirdo, and Esme is definitely the boss in that relationship. Which is extra funny not just because she is still timid around us, but also Alfie is easily twice her size. 😊

What are your weekend plans? I hope you are having good weather wherever you happen to be, but if not, I hope you can avoid anything too awful. Whatever you do, I hope you have time to just relax and enjoy things. I'll see you again next week.

5 comments:

Araignee said...

I am having the same problem stitching on red fabric. I hate getting out my lighted magnifier thingy that hangs on my neck because it puts a strain on it so I can't stitch very long. Like you, I designate bright sunny days stitching days instead. I'm looking forward to the leaves coming down so we'll be in the sun again.

KSD said...

I have always liked the look of cross-stitch on black fabric, but, yeah, it's a bear on the eyes.

Alison said...

Well it's not going to mean much to you folks in the USA, but….rugby is our national sport. The World Cup is being played in France and our team - the All Blacks had a good win this morning (our time). I got up to keep the hubster company and while he whooped and hollered, I got lots of stitching done.

You seem so much chirpier Bridget……😊😉

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Black stitching on black fabric equals a nightare! well done for persevering!

Kym said...

I think you may be earning your Crafting Sainthood for that black-on-black stitching, Bridget! But it's going to be SO cool when you finish! It sounds like the fall season is already agreeing with you, so enjoy every moment! XO (And please . . . more tales of Alfie and Esme!)